Which do you think is better - one of the filter water pitchers or a special fil

1. Nancy B. profile image72
    Nancy B.posted 5 years ago

Which do you think is better - one of the filter water pitchers or a special filtered faucet?

I was at a friend's house recently and she had installed a small spigot next to the regular faucet for filtered water. Her reasoning was that drinking water was a small amount of the water used through the faucet and she didn't want one of the attachments to her kitchen faucet. The upfront cost was kinda pricey, I thought, but she seemed happy to pay it. I use a filter pitcher myself.

2. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 5 years ago

Definitely the faucet.  Filtered water pitchers are typically charcoal only.  That means that they can't get fluoride out.  Fluoride is touted as good for the teeth, but did you know that in Europe they used it for YEARS in order to slow down people's over-active thyroids?

How many people do you know in this day and age that are fat and talk about how they have hypothyroidism (slow thyroid)?  Then ask how many of those people are drinking tap water with fluoride in it?

Reverse osmosis water filtration takes the fluoride out, but you can't get those setups in pitchers. They're more expensive than traditional charcoal-only ones that set under your sink as well.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Under tap filters are more convenient, but I don't believe they are superior to a filter jug.  One of my wife's cousins used to sell under sink filters at one time, he told me that there is really no difference.

working