jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

If you wrap fragile, special items for storage, what, besides tissue paper, it t

1. Tom Vogler profile image82
    Tom Voglerposted 4 years ago

If you wrap fragile, special items for storage, what, besides tissue paper, it the best protector?

I would prefer to not have to use those "styrofoam peanuts".

2. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

If you're comfortable with plastic bubble wrap, I'd use that.

Some of those "peanuts" are now made from corn starch as well. Completely biodegradable.

Tom Voglerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I bought some when I was out and about yesterday.  :-)  I didn't realize it was available in different colors.  I bought green. I don't like those peanuts because they spill all over the room very easily.

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I like bubblewrap myself, but if you're looking for something not of the man-made material I suggest clean, dry straw. My grandmother used it and it worked great.

I bought the bubblewrap and plan to use it.  I think it is recyclable as well, so that is another advantage to using it.  :-)

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Newspaper. Whether you're going to store something or moving, newspaper is wonderful because it cushions the objects and you can get it almost anywhere. Ask your neighbors and friends who get the paper delivered to save them for you. Once you take the stuff back out of storage, you can throw the paper in the recycle bin. If you're worried about the ink messing up an item, you can wrap it in one layer of tissue paper first to form a barrier between the paper and the item.

Thank you.  There is no shortage of newspaper in my house.  :-)

working