I have a Huskee LT4200. It runs great until the deck is lowered. What could be w

1. Cat R profile image72
    Cat Rposted 20 months ago

I have a Huskee LT4200. It runs great until the deck is lowered. What could be wrong with it?

The belt for the blades seems to be moving freely, but every time I lower the deck, the mower shuts off.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13046867_f260.jpg

2. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 20 months ago

I have seen other mowers have running problems when the deck is lowered because the belt may be adjusted on installed wrong causing it bind and bog the motor. You have to troubleshoot the problem by asking questions like does it do this at faster rpms, does it do this when the ais engaged or disengaged?

See when it runs normal and figure out what is different. Look it uo online and ask if this is a common problem. Look in the booklet and see if the deck has any sensors that could be causing this?

I am not familiar with this mower and do not have enough information to try and identify the cause.

1. Cat R profile image72
      Cat Rposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I looked at the deck and the belt is just as usual and everything seems to move freely. When I try to lower the deck, the engine goes from running smooth to laboring and shutting off, despite the blades turning.

working