I recently had an outlet installed for an OTR microwave replacing a hood.
The existing wiring was used to add the outlet I would assume. When the microwave is plugged in, the lights in the kitchen dim and the power from the microwave is low. The microwave ended up "dying" after about a week. It was brand new. Would this be a simple fix or a common issue?
It sounds like you already had too many things pulling power from that line to add a microwave to it. The easiest fix is to have an electrician drop a new line directly from your breaker box to the microwave, to ensure nothing else is using that line.
by leob705 years ago
Will dishwasher still operate normally if it is installed about 30" below drain outlet?
by Motherbynature2 years ago
What have you learned?Share something helpful (big or small) that you have learned recently that could help someone else. I recently learned that you can buy an instrument panel for your vehicle from the local...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.