Toaster / Mini Oven - The Breville BOV800XL Smart
The Breville BOV800XL Smart Toaster/Mini Oven Review
Read on if you have niggling reservations about this appliance and get information on many questions you may be pondering. You’ll also learn what others think of the Breville Smart Toaster/ Mini Oven, good and bad.
Breville Smart Ovens come in 3 sizes, and are priced accordingly
This is the largest size - see below for details/prices of the medium and small sizes.
The Breville BOV800XL Smart Toaster/Mini Oven
1800-Watt Convection with element IQ - This is a genorous sized mini which provides fast uniform heat
non-stick interior and removable crumb tray - so no need to dread cleaning this appliance
an automatically ejecting wire rack - for ease of use
pizza and baking pans included - no need to purchase these separately should your current ones be the wrong size
(The links on this page give the full list of features.)
Do you wish to save on your energy bills?
Toaster / Mini Ovens like this one save electricity. It makes good sense to use a small appliance rather than a large one to carry out a small to medium cooking tasks, plus convection helps speed up cooking times.
Do you worry about overcooking or burning stuff if you’re on the phone or in another room entertaining guests?
With the Breville Smart, this is much less likely to happen as it has a handy timer and will switch itself off after the time you set has elapsed.
Are you loath to spend masses of time scrubbing your oven clean?
Then note that due to the non-stick material on the interior, cleaning is fast, straightforward and virtually effortless.
Is your kitchen just too hot?
Even when the weather is warm, your kitchen will be much cooler than it would be had you been using a regular sized stove.
Do you sometimes forget to pre-heat?
You won’t have to wait long as this smaller device takes less time to reach required temperature, again meaning a cooler kitchen environment.
Any more questions?
If you have other queries, there’s an extensive list of Questions and Answers here which you might want to take a look at before making a decision.
Often when an appliance has a long list of impressive features, you can find that it's far too complicated to actually operate. However, many reviewers have remarked on how superbly straightforward this Smart appliance is to use.
If you are still wondering if this Breville Toaster Mini stove is worth the expense ...
then you’re not unusual; but guess what? Many who had this thought eventually went on to make a purchase – and then proceeded to write a 5 star review.
Below are just a few of the many points that are made in the reviews for The Breville BOV800XL Smart Toaster/Mini Oven. (There are well over 1,300 five star reviews. Less favourable reviews are presented later in this article.)
- As mini stoves go, the Breville BOV800XL is that bit more expensive than some of the others, but it’s performance is acclaimed to be second to none and whilst compact, being a little larger than some of its rivals, you can cook small to medium sized roasts and much more.
- A notable number of reviewers have remarked that having used the item themselves, they went on to buy the same product for other family members or recommended it to friends.
- There is flexibility in that you have a choice to cook with or without convection/fan assistance.
- Great if space is an issue in your kitchen - Very compact.
- It is versatile and you can use it for a variety of needs e.g. toastingto/baking/roasting and just about everything in between. One reviewer said this small appliance does everything except serve the food! ;-D
- With the keep warm function you can keep the temperature at a predetermined low level for up to an hour.
- It is described as "SMART" - by way of Element IQ Technology, it alters the five quartz heating elements so that cooking is noticeably more even and quick - i.e. heat is being spread to where it is required within the device.
Of course, not all reviewers gave this item the full 5 stars!
- Some have said that they would have liked a light inside the device
- Some said that the top outer surface can become very hot. (Conversely some have said that this last point can be viewed as an advantage in that it provides for keeping plates warm on top of the appliance).
It comes in 3 sizes - This is the largest one.
(see below for the other size options)
This convection Breville toaster / mini oven has an impressive 4.4 star rating out of 5 based on over 1,800 reviews. The above information will give you a good measure of what others are saying having purchased the item, but there’s no substitute for taking a look the reviews for yourself here.
This is The Smallest
This is The Medium Size
Cheery Cooking !
NB: Some information on this page gleaned from Amazon.com buyer reviews
© 2014 Esther Strong