O-Cedar ProMist Mop vs. Other Spray Mops
Review of the ProMist Mop
Recently, I bought an O Cedar Promist mop. I am very happy with this spray mop. I use a vinegar and water solution to clean my dirty kitchen floor. It does a great job!
With two dogs, a kitten and a teenager still at home, plus five chickens in the backyard, my floor gets super grimy. I wanted a way to give the floor a good clean quickly. This mop works very well.
It has it all over my old sponge mop. But I think it is even a better buy than the Rubbermaid Reveal Mop I was intending to purchase. While I still like the Reveal, I am very happy with the ProMist I got. Read on to learn why the O-Cedar ProMist is a great spray mop.
O-Cedar ProMist Mop
My kitchen floor is as clean after using this mop as when washed on hand and knees. My floor was very dirty too. I was very unhappy with my old sponge mop, so I had been using disposable cleaning wipes to spot clean. I finally realized these were leaving something on the floor that was attracting more dirt. So, the entire floor was very grimy and yucky.
The ProMist was easy to set up. Just put two tablespoons of cleaning solution in the removeable bottle and add water. Using a mixture of vinegar and water, I was able to get my floor super clean in just a few minutes.
It was the easiest time I ever had in my life getting my floor clean, aside from when I had someone else do it! I did not have to fill a container with soapy water. No mop buckets are involved at all. I did not even have to get my hands wet or dirty.
It is a very efficient method of cleaning the floor. Just pull the trigger to spray cleaner on the floor, then wipe it up with the microfiber pad. No bending, no rinsing, no stopping to clean the mop head. Once you get started, you just go. The entire room takes only a few minutes.
I have never found a mop that did not make me feel like I was just moving dirty water around my kitchen floor. Until I got the ProMist. The microfiber pad actually grabs the dirt and holds onto it. So, I spray a dirty spot, then wipe and it is clean.
I am very happy with how simple the ProMist has made this chore!
The ProMist makes it easy to always have a spotlessly clean kitchen floor!
Spray Mop Poll - O-Cedar ProMist or Another Brand?
Do you own a spray mop?
O'Cedar ProMist Microfiber Spray Mop Refills - Disposable Microfiber Pads for Those Messier Jobs
I recently purchased a package of disposable refill pads for my ProMist mop. As I mentioned, I get some disgusting messes on my floor, and the disposables seemed like a great idea! One of the reviews mentioned that these pads can also be washed and reused a few times, making them a bargain in my book.
I was confused about putting them on the mop, since it is not clear which side is up or down. They actually go on backwards from the way that made sense to me. I feel like they should go the opposite way. The side that sticks to the mop has a greater degree of texture. The side that rubs the floor has barely any texture at all.
I think it is due to this lack of texture that the disposable pads do not clean as well as the cloth microfiber pads. My floor has a small degree of texture, and these pads just do not get down into the nooks and crannies. They will get the top surface of the floor clean, and they are better than not mopping at all. However, your floor will not get as clean as it will with the microfiber cloth pads.
These are probably fine for light spills, but I would not count on them for doing any kind of deep clean on your floor. For that you will need some cloth pads.
How Does the O'Cedar ProMist Hold Up Over Time?
- August 20, 2012 - Purchased the O'Cedar ProMist at Target. I liked it very well on first use, and it continues to work great for me! I use it several times a day to clean up little (and big) messes on the floor. Washing out the microfiber pad is a small pain. Life would be easier without another thing to clean, but in the past I had no good way to get my mop heads clean (sponge mop). I like being able to clean the mop head, even if I don't really like doing it.
- September 2012 - The ProMist continues to work well. My daughter was complaining about the vinegar smell, so I tried putting some essential oil in the water also. That did not help. Then I added a bit of Clorox Greenworks to the water, but I did not like smelling that all the time either. The mop itself is continuing to work great. A clean microfiber pad is important to me; I decide to buy some extra ones.
- October 16, 2012 - When it was time to replace the water in the ProMist's spray bottle, I added a few drops of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap. This turns the mop into something extra special! My floors look and smell so clean! I am happy because I have finally found a solution I love for cleaning the floor!
Then something happens! One night I hear a crash, and my blind dog has knocked the mop over. When this mop falls over it wakes the entire family. It sounds like an ironing board falling over!
This accident has done something to my mop. The squeeze handle no longer works as well as it used to. It seems like the pump loses its prime. Sometimes there is little to no resistance on the squeeze handle, then suddenly there is and some water will spray out.
This mop has a looped handle, so it would hang on hook (not a nail). I need to get a hook and hang this mop instead of leaning it against a corner. Hanging would definitely prolong this mop's life. Otherwise, it looks like it could be pretty short!
- December 18, 2012 - The mop still works well. The pump is still functioning. I have found it just refills slowly, so after giving it a squeeze you need to wait an extra second or two for it to be ready to squeeze again. You cannot really pump the trigger. You need to give it a squeeze, pause, squeeze. I am still happy with my Pro-Mist.
- January 1, 2013 - My ProMist mop is still going strong! I am very pleased with this mop and would definitely buy it again.
- March 12, 2013 - The mop is still working just fine. I have no complaints.
- May 12, 2013 - After nine month, I am still pleased with this product. I would definitely purchase it again.
Rubbermaid Reveal Mop
This is the mop I was actually at the store to buy. Unfortunately the store was sold out of these, and I was feeling desperate, so I bought the O-Cedar mop, thinking if I did not like it I would return it to the store.
I think the Reveal is a great mop. It has a few drawbacks, as all of these mops do. Specifically, the suction on the squirt bottle tends to collapse it, and the mop head and pole come apart too easily. These seem to be the main complaints with the Rubbermaid mop.
Overall, customers seem more happy with it than not. If I decide I am unhappy at some point with my ProMist, I will try this one next.
A lot of customers are satisfied with this mop.
Libman Freedom Mop
This is another spray mop with good reviews. Some people seem to like the Reveal better. I would not hesitate to try this mop.
This mop has more than 65 five-star reviews on Amazon!
Swiffer Wet Jet Spray Mop Starter Kit
For months I have been looking at this mop every time I go to Walgreens. I have hesitated due to the fact I did not want to be locked into their cleaning solution and the need to purchase disposable pads. This mop also requires batteries. I just did not want to go there. I am glad I waited.
A lot of people love this mop. If you don't mind all those ongoing expenses, this could be the mop for you!
A lot of people love this very popular spray mop.
Spray Mop Poll - Who owns an O-Cedar ProMist? Let's see...
More and more people are pitching their old sponge mops in favor of the new spray mops. Which kind do they prefer?
Do you own a spray mop? Which brand?
More Spray Mops to Consider
This mop has good ratings.
Watch a Cute Cleaning Video with Pugs! - O-Cedar ProMist to the Rescue!!
I chose this video to share with you, because it has cute, naughty pugs who make a big mess in a lady's kitchen when she goes to answer the phone. I have a pug, so I know how quickly this would happen with two of them! If my pug smells food, she's on it, and she doesn't care how much mess she makes. What a stinker!
Watch how well the ProMist cleans up the puppy mess in no time flat!