Questions You Should Ask Before Engaging A Plumber
Buy the complete guide to plumbing and do it yourself
If you are having some plumbing problems or want to install new drains, pipes, sinks, basins, do kitchen remodeling, etc. and want to engage a plumbing contractor, you need to be prepared with some questions which will help you in saving a lot of time and money in the long term. You need to ask them step-by-step and write them on a piece of paper so that you do not forget anything, so here are some questions you should ask before hiring a plumber for fittings of pipes, water motors, installing water lines, fixing water tank, sink, toilet, kitchen, drains, basins, bathroom showers, installation of sewerage and drainage fixtures, etc:
- Do you know how to do this plumbing work?
- What will be cost for this plumbing work? Also take a written estimate to avoid surprise bills at the end of work.
- Are you state certified and insured? If yes, tell him to show his/her certification, insurance, and previous work record to check for any complaints again him.
- Who will bring all the plumbing fixtures and pipes from the hardware shop, you or me?
- How many people you will bring to do this work and if you are doing it alone, how much time will you take to complete this task?
- If you are having water problems or your water motor pump is not working, you need to ask do I need to buy a new water pump or will this work after repairing?
- What is the guarantee of the plumbing work done by you and your workers?
If you are engaging a plumber for excavation of a well for getting groundwater, you need to add some questions to the above questions like:
- What do you think at how many feet groundwater will be available in my area?
- Digging a well for groundwater needs special permission from court, will you take the cost of charges for that from me or I need to take permission on my own?
- What is the cost of boring and drilling and pipes and submersible motor pumps for pumping water from underground wells? Take a written estimate.
- Will you hire a boring machine from other sources or do you own a boring machine yourself?
- What if you are not able to get groundwater after digging? What will be the charge to my pocket at that time?
Asking the above questions and writing them on a piece of paper will not only assist you in discovering an ideal plumbing contractor for your plumbing work but also these questions will make sure that the work is done successfully without costing you extra money or time than what was required or estimated in the beginning of engaging the plumber.