The Gift I Use Everyday-Oster 6 Cup Glass Jar Blender
A couple of years ago a good friend of mine gave me this Oster blender as a gift. I discovered so many uses for it and have been using it in my kitchen ever since. For example I put chunks of cabbage and piece of carrot into the jar with a cup of water and blend for a few minute and have fuss free cole slaw. I just strain it put a little dressing in it a I have a freshly made salad in minutes. I make frozen drinks during the summer for a relaxing time swinging on my porch swing. I use it for all sorts of cooking.
The greatest thing I discovered was how easy it is to make a green smoothie. I simply add 1 cup of kale, yogurt, fruit, and ice and mix into a healthy smoothie. I also discovered a wonderful power mix called Green Superfood. It is a raw prepared powder and comes in several different flavors. I simply add 1 scoop of powder to 8 ounces of organic milk or coconut milk turn on the blender and start my day with a smoothie.
Why a smoothie? Well a green raw smoothie usually made with kale or broccoli help to increase the alkalinity of the body. When the body in more alkaline it is easy to lose or keep weight in check. It also boosts the immune system and increases energy. This is a benefit I have noticed myself. It is a health choice I like to make for myself and my husband. We have found that we enjoy drinking our smoothies and have tried all of the flavors.
If you are looking for a great gift, I recommend the Oster Blender. It has really changed how I prepare food, it is easy to clean and easy to use.
Oster Blender Review
Crushing Ice Is A Breeze
Blending the Best Drinks
Making green smoothies with a blender is a breeze. Just add you ingredients and push the button, then drink. Have you ever tried a veggie smoothie? Choose ripe organic veggies for the best smoothie you ever tasted. The fresher and ripe the vegetables the better you drink are going to be for flavor. Never use old or unripened veggies if you want something that tastes and looks good.
Try making a smoothie for the kids you may want to mix a variety of fruits with vegetable to ensure a healthy mix. I like to add sweet fruit to mine mixes which add to the create drinks the kids will ask for again. Don't forget to write down the ingredients you used so you can create the same drink again. Kids also like to have a little sweetness added, so why not try honey or agave nectar to your next blend.
I like to kid the kids involved in the recipe. I ask them for their favorite fruits and vegetable and let them decide what would be best in their personal smoothie. This is a great way to teach kids to be responsible for their own health. I also teach them how easy it is to make a tasty smoothie using a blender.
Yummy Fruit Smoothies
Some of My Favorite Smoothie Ingredients
1. Banana Supreme 2 whole bananas, 1/2 cup each strawberry yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a drop of hone and 1 cup ice.
2. Super Strawberry Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup milk, 2 teaspoons agave nectar, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
3. Strawberry Shortcake 2 cups strawberries, 1/2 cup crumbled pound cake, 1 1/2 cups each milk and ice, and honey to taste. Add whipped cream and strawberries as a topping.
4. Very Berry Delight1 1/2 cups mixed blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries with 1 cup each milk and 1 cup of ice, and 1 tablespoon honey.
5. Raspberry Orange Breakfast Smoothie 1 cup fresh orange juice and fresh raspberries, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 full cup ice, and honey to taste.
6. Mango Peach & Banana Treat 1 cup chopped fresh peaches and 1 cup sliced mango, 1 cup yogurt and 1 cup ice, 1/2 banana, and 1 tablespoon honey
7. Honeydew & Almond Delight 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup almond milk 1teaspoon almond extract and ice, and 1 tablespoon honey .
8. Cucumber Peel Refresher, seed & slice 2 small cucumbers. add 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice and 2 tablespoons honey.
9. Mango Carrot & Apple Energizer 1 cup carrot juice and 1 cup apple juice, 1 cup sliced mangos, 1 1/2 cups ice.
10. The Ultimate Smoothie, 1/2 cup peach nectar, I/2 cup mango sliced, 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, 1 cup ice.