Valentines Party Dinnerware Ideas
Charming Dishes for Your Valentine's Party
An afternoon tea party with friends is a sweet treat for Valentine's Day. And there are lots of lovely dishes to use in your table setting.
Red and pink dinnerware, featuring hearts and flowers, are traditional for Valentine's Day. Many china patterns can start you on your way to a memorable party. Ladies club events, afternoon tea parties with friends, or a special event for young ladies are all reasons to bring out your beautiful teapots, delicate cups and petite dessert plates.
Vintage and new dinnerware patterns can also mix and match around a common theme. Then add texture with patterns that have embossed shapes, or sparkle with wares that have delicate gold or silver rims
I've featured the four dinnerware patterns shown in this lens. They include patterns made in fine china, stoneware and melamine. Just a few possibilities to spark your table setting ideas!
A table setting that is creative fosters an enjoyable event as well as showcasing your pretty dishes -- the ones you already have, as well as some new favorites.
Collage by kimbesa
Tips to Choosing Valentine's Dinnerware
Go Classic, Complement with Vintage Accents
You will love your dinnerware more if you keep the following elements in mind:
- Each place setting includes the right piece types for your menu, such as a dinner plate, salad or large dessert plate, cereal bowl, teacup and saucer
- There are many serving pieces available as well, to add to your table setting
- The dinnerware is easy to use and take care of, because it's dishwasher and microwave safe
More Valentine Party Tips
For Your Hearts and Flowers Theme
- Feature a favorite flower - such as roses, daisies or forget-me-nots - to enhance your dinnerware patterns and lend a touch of romance. There are china patterns galore that feature these specific flowers.
- Pick a red, pink and white color scheme and build the table setting around that theme. White china and color serving pieces work well, or the other way around - and white will keep the overall effect light and sweet.
- Add bright accents in glassware that accentuate the theme, such as ruby red goblets or tableware accessories, to celebrate the day. Carefully chosen details in red easily say, "Be my Valentine."
- Highlight your passion for a special collection you love. Perhaps it is china teapots, dainty lace, or glass bread plates. Bring them out and build your Valentine tea around those colors and motifs, with a few red hearts in your centerpiece. The love theme is an easy reason to use the items in a collection you cherish.
- Remind the garden lovers in your group of warm days to come by adding details such as bird houses, gardening and garden ornaments. Make it a Valentine with touches like red tulips or other flowers. Anything you love can be incorporated into a Valentine theme, especially if you select floral motifs and colors to help it along.
Start with the dinnerware you have and add selected pieces to make your February tea party special.
Vintage Charm for Valentine's Day
Look for Vintage Valentine China Online - Create a Unique Table Setting
The rose motif speaks to the language of love, and lots of vintage dinnerware patterns feature roses. Red, pink, white and yellow, these classic patterns can help you create a table setting full of vintage charm...
Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries - An Easy and Tasty Treat for Your Valentines Party
Serve these on dessert plates, a small oval platter, or a charming sherbet glass.