All About Washlets
What are these?
The washlet first appeared and used in Japan around this past decade. They are technically defined as electric toilet seats with a special water spray feature used for washing after you do your business in the toilet.
Have you ever used a washlet?
How Do Washlets Work?
Washlets are powered by different sensors that allow the device to avoid spraying when the toilet isn’t occupied nor wash the wrong area. It features anal and genital washing, with buttons that allows control for the user. Moreover, some models even have electric seat heating, warming up the toilet seat while you’re at it. This is especially popular during winter.
Advantages Of Using Washlets
A common dilemma of consumers today in this field is whether to settle for cheap Toilet Papers which are consumable or go for washlets in their homes. Now why should you opt for the latter and install washlets? Enumerated below are some of the most important reasons why.
- They provide a better savings alternative on the long run. If you’re going to look at the immediate savings, then using toilet papers win. But if you’re opting for long term savings, then going for washlets should do it for you. Installing washlets will save you hundreds of dollars per year on toiletries. And don’t worry about the water usage, as some models have a system that detects and minimizes water consumption.
- A greener alternative. Conscious about your personal carbon footprint? Then this product is perfect for you. Eliminating use for toilet papers would definitely be good for the environment. Now if you’ll argue that the consumed power even has a larger carbon footprint than using toilet papers, that’s a big no. The actual carbon footprint is less.
- Ultra clean. Have guests that you need to tend to but you need to go to the toilet? Well don’t worry about your hand getting soiled. Washlets are fully automated so you’ll never worry about getting your hands dirty. Some even have an automatic toilet seat opening and closing feature, hence making the process completely hands free!
What To Look For When Buying Washlets For Your Home
Like with every product, you need to check a few things before doing the purchase. This is also true when going for a washlet. Now listed below are the two really important ones that you should bear in mind when buying washlets:
- Make sure the product is legit. Ask yourself; is the brand from an unusual company? Remember that a little bit of research wouldn’t hurt, plus, it’ll save you from buying non-genuine items. Some names that are really trusted when it comes to this product are Toto, Brondell, and Bidet.
- Do you really need the model you are opting for? Think about the features then consider if you’ll really need it. Some features are purely optional and is not needed for the core operation. Nevertheless, this factor depends solely up to you, on your lifestyle, and on what you want.
Using a washlet surely makes life easier around the toilet, and this definitely makes it really worth checking out. Now the question is, what more can technology bring to us in the future?
© 2012 WritingPleasure