LLC Vs. Sole Proprietor
In a nutshell LLC has the following benefits:
- Limited liability on debt
- Legal protection
- Clear separation of personal and business assets
- Better insurance rates
- Tax benefits.
On the flip side:
If you mix personal and business assets then the benefits will disappear.
- More complex in legal and tax terms as compared to sole proprietor.
- Registration and Annual fee (amount depends on state in which doing business), mostly levied as a franchise tax or capital values tax.
- Legal and debt protection does not cover malicious intent, deliberate injury and fraudulent, illegal, or clearly wrong-headed actions.
More detailed resources: