Benefits of Carrot
Carrot is an edible root vegetable containing complete nutrition to provide the essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes to our body.
Nutritional valuesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Carrot is a good source of Fibers.
Potassium and thiamine.
Calories – 28 (per 100 gm of Raw carrot)
Positive stuff in carrot
- Rich in Vitamin A
- Rich in Vitamin C
- High in Vitamin B6, Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- No Cholesterol
- Less saturated fat
Negative stuff in carrot
- Rich in sugar
- Carrot is rich in Vitamin A and it improves eyesight.
- It regulates blood sugar.
- Carrots give clear skin, helps in removing teenage acne.
- Keeps the lungs and intestinal track in order.
- It boosts immunity.
- Drastically reduces the risk of Heart diseases.
- Controls the risk of blood pressure.
Over intake of carrots may turn your skin to yellowish-orange color.
There is a frequently asked question which came to my mind: Carrot is best when eaten raw or cooked?
Answer is: When eaten cooked. Wondering. Yes. Read on…
Research says that our body cannot breakdown the goodness of carrots because of its complex structure. When carrot is juiced and taken, it is better and is also better when cooked and taken.