How to End Scrapbooking Writer's Block
Non-scrapbookers or those not familiar with the craft may be asking themselves, "What does writer's block have to do with scrapbooking?" Scrapping isn't just about arranging photographs in chronological order and selecting pretty paper to match. It's about telling the story of a moment for generations to come. It's about giving your children's children a way to peek into the past and learn about who their ancestors were and what their grandparents were like when they were younger. It is an invaluable heirloom, and the fact that it is handcrafted renders it priceless. What some people don't realize is that the journaling portion of a scrapbook page is what gives it that added sentimental value and extra flair. The journaling box on a layout, especially if done in one's own handwriting, supplements the page by detailing that which cannot be seen in the photographs, like a funny incident that happened just before the camera clicked, or something sweet that was said on the way home from the park that day.
It's easy at first. When I began scrapbooking I had two shoeboxes full of photos that needed organizing and categorizing--birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries, weddings, etc. I had no trouble arranging these photos by year and scrawling a paragraph or two about the momentous occasions. Five years later, however, I started running out of ideas. I had scrapbooked every event I could think of, but that didn't mean the urge to crop just magically went away. I needed new, innovative ideas, but my well had run dry. Thank goodness for the internet! After a good deal of digging I was able to find a number of sources offering journaling ideas to cure what I call scrapper's block.
- A Day in the Life Outline your routine from morning to night
- The Relative I Wish I Had Known Include pictures of a relative you never met but wish you did
- My Favorite Room in the House
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What are your favorite quotes or sayings?
- Who is your best friend? What do you love about her?
- What are you afraid of?
- What makes you laugh?
- The Most Important Things in My Life
- The Top 5 Important People in My Life
- If I Had a Million Dollars...
- My Favorite Games
- My Most Valuable Posession
- My Favorite Outfit
- A Place I Would Like to Visit
- My Greatest Achievement(s)
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Favorite Cooking Recipes
- All About My Pets
- My First Puppy
- My Favorite Meal
- My Favorite Decade
- If I Could've Lived During Any Time Period, It Would Be...
- What I Love About My Husband
- Things That Make Me Smile
- My Favorite Foods
- My Zodiac Sign
- How it Feels to be a Mother
- What was your childhood like?