Spicy Sweet Potato Sticks
Sweet Potato Sticks
I actually made this dish this morning before going to work and felt compelled to share it with everyone. It was a hit - it always is and people always come back for seconds. The best part is that it is so easy to make.
I originally found this on All Recipes.com - a great site by the way.
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Spices - I like to use salt, paprika, garlic powder and red chillie pepper powder (you can omit that last one if you're not into spicy food)
That's it - seriously! That's all you need.
- Cut up the sweet potatoes in sticks or wedge. This is the hardest part of the whole recipe. Try to get the longer sweet potatoes if you can.
- Add the olive oil and the spices to taste. You can mix it up in a bowl or a zipper plastic bag
- Place on a baking tray that's been sprayed with oil (you can line it with foil for easy clean up)
- Bake at 400 degrees C for about 40 minutes.
And voila! You have sweet potatoe sticks that are oh so yummy!
Ok so I didn't do full disclosure - the prep is actually what is 15 minutes! So if you want make this to take to someone's house, just stick it in the oven and then go get dressed. Happy Thanksgiving!