STAYING CONNECTED TO POSITIVE ENERGY
Creating New Habits
by © Connie Stewart
It takes anywhere from three to seventy repetitions of engaging in a new habit to change an old one. Practice is the key and it takes discipline. We need to be patient as we go through this process. If we can shift our perspective and "think from the end", our attitude will likely shift, as well. Imagining that the goal or project is complete, we're more able to connect to the incredible rewards of positive energy.
The following are some practices that can be incorporated today:
- Meditation - even a few minutes of stillness everyday goes a long way
- Set an intention prior to every project for how you want to be
- Be conscious of your ego thoughts by checking in with how your body feels
- Use prayer to center yourself
- Stay fully present to the moment
- Create a mantra, eg. "I feel calm"
This is where this practice really draws from Buddhist principles: being with what is.
This creates a space or gap. And from that gap, it is possible to notice the opportunity to make a shift or change the pattern to a state of being that is more centered, which would represent the possibility of more compassion and skillful action.