10 Ways for Teens to Make Money
Teenagers are always looking for more ways to make money, in order to save for a new video game or a car once they’ve gotten their driver’s licence. This article will talk about 10 different ways teens can make and save enough money to have their own financial freedom.
1. Save and roll all of your small change. Getting change from around the house, keeping change from purchases, collecting change from your lunch money, or any other way to collect large amounts of coins is a good idea. This will gradually build up over time, and if you roll your money, you’ll have a substantial amount of coinage.
2. Start a blog online – people are always willing to read the thoughts of someone else, and teenagers have some pretty insightful thoughts. You can get your parents to sign up for a Google Adwords account so you can place ads on your blog, or try selling items on Amazon through their affiliate program.
3. Create and sell your own crafts. Jewellery sells very well online, and creating your own necklaces, bracelets, or items for sale through a blog or a site like Etsy is a great idea.
4. If you’re good at drawing, creating a web comic is a great idea. You could even get your comic printed and sold in books, or sell T-shirts or other merchandise. You could also have a website that hosts your comic and runs a banner ad at the top or bottom to make some extra money as well.
5. If you’re into photography, there are hundreds of stock photo sites that allow you to upload and sell your images. You get royalties based on each photo of yours that is downloaded, and you can make some serious cash doing this.
6. You can try promoting and selling products on a site like Clickbank – these are usually ebooks that you send people to and get paid a percentage of the sale price.
7. Alternatively, you could write your own eBook and sell it on a variety of different sites – Amazon, Clickbank, and Smashwords are all examples of places where you can sell your fiction or non-fiction work, or even get others to sell it for you in exchange for a share of the profits.
8. Selling T-shirts has been done thousands of times before, but it is a tried and true method for making some extra cash. Print out a popular catch phrase at your school and then selling your shirts during your lunch is a good idea for making some money.
9. If you’re good at a certain subject in school, you can offer your services tutoring other students in your grade or in lower grades. Charge by the hour, and talk to teachers in your school to get them to recommend you to students who are struggling. Getting a teacher to recommend you to parents is a sure way to get a few customers.
10. If you can play an instrument, busking for change is a cool way to make some quick money. Play your music in a high traffic public area, like a park, and have a case or bag open so people can drop change in as they walk by.
If you have any other ways to make money (minus stereotypes like paper routes) feel free to share them in the comments. If this helps, please take a second to leave your reaction and a comment, or share it with your friends.