- Personal Finance
12 Biblical Financial Benefits Associated With The Blessing
12 Biblical Financial Benefits
Proverbs 10:22 declares that the blessing of the Lord,it makes rich and he adds no sorrow with it. The first financial benefit is:
- The blessing makes rich - Rich does not mean everyone will be a millionaire, but everyone can have their needs met. Philippians 4:19 declares and my God shall supply all my need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- The blessing empowers one to prosper and be in health even as ones soul (mind will emotions) prospers. (3 John 2) - Prosperity is more than money, think about it, money without the health to enjoy it is no good and money without peace of mind is also no good. Everything must flow together.
- The blessing brings favor of receiving from men as they give into ones bosom (Luke 6:38) - Luke 6:38 declares give and it shall be given unto you good measure pressed down and shaken together and running over shall men give into your bosom.
- Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us (Galatians 3:13a) - The curse included three things...Poverty, sickness and spiritual death. Because of that redemption the bible says in 2 Corinthians 8:9 that for ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
- The blessing guarantees God will not be indebted to anyone who gives to the poor (Proverbs 19:17) - He that hath pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
- The blessing can bring a lifetime income (2Kings 4) - Elisha told the widow woman who was about to lose her two sons to the creditors of her day to go and sell the oil and pay her debt and live thou and thy children of the rest (2 Kings 4:7)
- The blessing will leave a surplus so one can be a blessing (Genesis 12:1-2) - Abraham was given this promise by God that he would be blessed and be a blessing. Galatians 3:29 says if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise
- The blessing provides the wisdom needed to manage wealth (Mark 10:21) - The rich young ruler refused to walk in the wisdom Jesus gave him concerning his wealth. Jesus told him to sell all that he had(He was at this point empowered to learn about selling because Jesus never demands something from somone without empowering them to do it) and give to the poor. Jesus was not telling him to take a vow of poverty, but to simply trust him instead of his riches and watch them multiply because proverbs 19:17 says he that hath pity on the poor lends to the Lord and that which he giveth will he pay him again. This shows that the rich young ruler would have received even more than he had.
- The blessing guarantees that none lack (Acts 4:34a) - Neither was there any among them that lacked.
The blessing empowers one to be able to enjoy ones wealth (Ecclesiastes 5:19) - Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth and hath given him power to eat thereof and to take his portion and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God. There are many wealthy people who are not enjoying their wealth because they may be worried about losing it or being robbed, they may be emotionally disturbed because they don't know who their real friends are, or they may not have the wisdom to handle it and so on.
- The blessing guarantees debt cancellation (See my hub on miracle debt cancellation for more on this subject).
- The blessing guarantees wealth and riches in ones house (Psalms 112:1-3) - Praise ye the Lord,Blessed is the manthat feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed, wealth and richesshall be in his house and his righteousness endureth forever.