- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
5 Sites to Help You Get Celebrity Styles for Less
There are many different ways that you can cut down on fashion costs. Shopping at thrift stores and crafting my own accessories are two of my favorite options. It helps, though, that I don’t particularly care about following celebrity fashion trends. I do know, however, that a lot of people do follow the fashion cues of the stars. There is certainly nothing wrong with that as long as you find ways to keep yourself on a budget. After all, most of us don’t have the spending account of a celebrity available to fill up our closets!
If you love celebrity fashion but want to figure out how to get those celebrity looks for less then you may want to bookmark the following five websites:
1. StyleList.The “look for less” section of this online site is one of my favorites available because of the great way that it is organized. You can choose to sort the “looks for less” by season, by type of wear (such as casual or evening) or by most recent featured on the site. This is great because it allows you to find style ideas for different occasions and then you can get tips on where you might be able to find the items necessary to recreate those looks that you like. This is also one of the most frequently updated sites that I know of for finding celebrity looks for less. Do note that you need to use Firefox or Chrome to see the photos on this site because Safari isn’t supported.
2. The Style Notes. This is a great blog that features a section called “The Look for Less”. In this section, you are able to see a celebrity wearing a specific outfit. To the right of this image, you see pieces of the outfit and wear you can get them for a fair price. For example, an image showing Reese Witherspoon in a simple white outfit revealed that you could get the items in the outfit through Nordstrom, BlueFly.com and Nine West. This information is great for people who want to recreate the specific look of a favorite celebrity. It can also provide you with some smart tips about where to shop if you want to get celebrity-inspired fashion at a fair price.
3. Viva Fashion Blog. This simply blog has a style that is strikingly similar to The Look for Less offered by The Style Notes. It shows a celebrity’s look and then some of the individual pieces of that look next to it. Then it tells you where you can buy similar items for a lower cost. It even tells you what the celebrity paid for some items and how much less it is to buy the look someplace else. For example, it revealed that the retail price for a pair of suede pumps worn by Hillary Duff was more than $600 but that a similar option was available through DSW for less than $30. This type of bargain shopping for hot styles is exactly what celebrity fashion fans need for living in the real world.
4. InStyle. This is a cool online fashion magazine that gives you a great idea of what the stars are wearing. In the past, they have featured a section called Looks for Less under the fashion tab of their magazine. This section showed an outfit worn by a celebrity and then told you exactly where you could go to get the same items for less. It is important to note that this section of the site hasn’t been updated recently. Nevertheless, there are some great classic looks archived there on the site that were worn by stars including Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes and Dakota Fanning. If you like the general style of these types of women and aren’t searching for the hottest items worn by stars today then this can be a good reference for you. Because it does tell you the specific stores where you might be able to buy items for less, it’s also a good site to browse through if you wan to get an idea of affordable places to shop for celebrity-style fashion.
5. Celebrity Fashion.This is yet another website offering a section that shows off “looks for less”. It is updated infrequently, maybe a few times per year, but it’s worth bookmarking for when those highlights do come up. That’s because the looks that they showcase on this site are truly luxurious styles that can really boost your wardrobe and make you the envy of your friends. Notably, some of the alternatives that they come up with aren’t nearly as striking as the options worn by the stars. However it gives great suggestions about where to get more affordable high fashion looks that will work in your real life.
It is important to keep a few things in mind when using these celebrity looks for less sites. Those things include:
o Always shop around. The places that are suggested for where to buy the items for less should only be a starting point. You should shop around to get the best deals in your area.
o You shouldn’t be a slave to fashion. The styles that you love on your favorite celebrities should only be inspiration for your own wardrobe. Create your own style using their style as a guide.
o Always budget your money and pay cash when shopping. You don’t want to spend money that you don’t have just because you want to look like a star!
If you know of any other good “looks for less” sites, I’d love to know about them!