How to Organize the Best Yard Sale Ever and Make Extra Cash
Use Eye Catching Signs for Maximum Exposure
Dollhouse Furniture Sells Well at Yard Sales
Make Easy Cash at Your Yard Sale
1. Keep prices low. Just get it sold. Price items to move quickly. Shoppers love bargains and may buy more if you keep prices reasonable.
2. Mark all items with stickers/signs. No need to buy fancy stickers for this. Masking tape and a Sharpie are perfect tools for posting prices. Double check to make sure buyers will be able to find price tags. If an item is not marked, a potential buyer may be reluctant to ask the price. Don't lose out on sales because you were hasty in marking items.
3. Have a $1 table. Everyone loves a bargain. Put up a big sign to attract attention to the bargain table. Even better than a $1 table is a free box. People love to get freebies. Put items that you would normally donate to Goodwill in the box. This alone will generate such excitement that will !ead to great sales.
4. Create an interesting display. String up a clothesline and hang clothing or vintage aprons on it. Drape old costume jewelry from the rungs of a brightly painted ladder. Just because you're having a yard sale doesn't mean items have to be laid flat on tables. Get creative.
5. Put an eye-catching piece out front so it will attract attention. I love to dress my mannequin in a great outfit. I clearly mark the mannequin "Not For Sale" but sell the outfit. Once that outfits sells, redress the mannequin.
6. Recruit friends and family to help. Have other seller provide their own tables and help post signs. Promote the sale as a Neighborhood Yard Sale or Church Yard Sale. The more goods for sale, the better you'll do. Create an outdoor party atmosphere. I highly recommend a covered canopy to give you shade if you will be outside in a sunny spot such as a driveway or parking lot.
7. Make sure all merchandise is clean and in working order. If you wouldn't buy it, don't sell it. Be honest with buyers. Offer to let a buyer plug in coffeemakers and electronics so they can see that these items work.
8. Have a box of small bills and change ready. Keep this out of sight but accessible to you. A small cigar box works well for a moneybox. Turn an old wooden apple crate around to hide your stash.
9. Keep a positive attitude...even when sales are slow. Make sure your energy is up and greet customers with a smile and a friendly hello. Excitement is super contagious. A grumpy seller's negative energy will affect sales. Just think of all the money you're making.
10. Hide unsightly packing materials (like boxes with crumpled newspaper) out of sight. Drape the tables with fabric remnants or an old quilt or sheet. Stash boxes below the table, where they are not visible. Have plenty of boxes and grocery bags on hand to offer buyers.
11. Treat your booth/space/driveway like a mobile store. Use lightweight shelves to display pottery and collectibles. Keep it simple but classy.
12. Make it fun. Have a friendly competition to see who can sell the most goods. Don't count up your money till the end of the day. Then start planning your next event to make even more easy extra cash.
The $5 Table Gets These Shorts Sold in No Time
Make Easy Extra Cash with a Neighborhood Garage Sale
- If it's hot outside, sell cold drinks to keep customers refreshed and increase sales.
- Limit the hours of your sale to save your sanity. Post the hours on your signage. 7 am to noon is ideal for a yard sale.
- Balloons and colorful signage that is easy to read will attract attention.
- Post your garage sale listing on Craigslist and don't forget to mention it on Facebook. Free advertising is great. If you are selling furniture and large items, Craigslist postings are great ways to reel in buyers. Take lots of pictures so buyers will know exactly what they are getting. Write a high quality item description highlighting important details. Take accurate measurements.
Garage Sale Profits and Yard Sale Tips
Super Sale Tips for Yard Sale Success
- Advertise online for free. Post on local sites and don't forget Craigslist.
- Don't schedule your yard sale on a holiday weekend like 4th of July or Labor Day unless you live on a busy road that gets lots of traffic
- Keep your pets in the back yard/house during the sale.
- Hang clothing on cheap wire hangers. That way the buyer can keep the hanger. Save your good plastic/wood/padded ones for personal use.
- Have fun!!!
How to Organize a Garage Sale
- How to Make Sundance Style Jewelry with Crystal and ...
Sundance inspired jewelry tutorial with crystals and freshwater pearl beads. Create a one-of-kind gypsy style bracelet now. Make this intermediate level beading project today.
- How to Become an EBay Powerseller and Make Money Sell...
You can be an EBay Powerseller. Grab your digital camera or phone, a notebook and pen and fire up your computer. Read this to find out how one Powerseller made thousands from selling clothing online.
- How to Create Original Jewelry From Antique and Vint...
Use vintage and antique buttons to liven up your jewelry designs. Ebay is a great place to find cut steel, glass, calico, celluloid and Bakelite buttons. Create gorgeous button pieces today.
- How to Make a Vintage Antique Button Ring: DIY Jewel...
Make a button ring with a gorgeous vintage button in just minutes. Turn a great antique rhinestone button into a wearable piece of jewelry in no time with a few simple tools. Makes a great gift.
- Extreme Cheapskates Savings Tips For Frugal Living
TLC's show Extreme Cheapskates features tightwads determined to save money in every way. Here's what watching Extreme Cheapskates has taught me. Plus some real-life tips for big savings.
- How to Save Money with the Frugal Chick Savings Tips
Find huge savings with these easy ways to save. Get great deals at thrift stores and squeeze your pennies into dimes. Keep more money in your wallet. Ask for more than you expect to when negotiating.
- How to Make Your Own Vintage Typewriter Key Jewelry ...
Want to get started making your own typewriter key jewelry? These immediately sell out in certain letters. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Tips and Tricks to Increase Ebay Sales Immediately
Increase your Ebay sales with these tips to take your business to the next level. Read here for great ideas to boost sales in just minutes a day.