- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living»
DIY: How To Combine Coupons To Get The Best Deals
Different Types Of Coupons
When you first start getting into coupons you may ask yourself how do all the coupons add up to get something so cheap. It might even be confusing for you,but here is the answer. In order to get some of those amazing deals for pennies on the dollar is to stack coupons together. First lets talk about the two different types of coupons there are that you can stack together for one product.
- Manufacturers Coupon - A manufactures coupon is put out to the public from the manufacturing company for the product. You can find Manufactures coupons almost anywhere and they are one of the most popular coupons you will find.
- Store Coupon- A store coupon is given to the public through the store itself for certain products in their store. These coupons are normally found inside of the weekly store ads and in the newspapers. You can also get some store coupons online through the stores website.
Store Coupon Example
Everyone who uses coupons also prints coupons out on their home computer. This is an easy and free way to get more coupons, which means getting more product.
- Printing coupons- Printed coupons can be either manufacturer coupons or store coupons. Paying close attention to the coupon itself can reveal which of the two kinds of coupons it is.
- Do Not Buy Coupons Online- Buying coupons online is illegal. You may also find sites that offer coupon cutting services for getting their "free" coupons. Do not fall for this!
Get Your Printer Now !
Manufacturer Coupon or Store Coupon?
Best Stores For Stacking Coupons
It is important to remember that not all stores allow you to stack coupons together for one product. This brings up the point of the stores coupon policy and why you should study it and have it with you. Here are the stores that allow you to stack the store coupons with the manufactures coupons:
- Target- You can get Target store coupons online at the stores website. You can also find the stores in ad coupons which you can pick up at the stores customer service desk, in Sunday newspapers and even sometimes in the mail. Also, if you sign up for their RedCard program you will get an additional 5% off each transaction.
- Wallgreens- This store is awesome and is a couponers favorite to shop at because they not only offer store coupons; they offer register rewards and up rewards when you buy items. The best part is that you can use a coupon to purchase the item and get both register rewards and up rewards for purchasing it! Isn't that just fantastic!? You can find the stores coupons inside of their store ad and they also have a monthly coupon booklet that is on a stand as soon as you walk through the door. The coupon booklet changes every month so make sure to keep getting the new ones when they come out.
How To Stack Coupons Video Below
Every Couponers Must Have!
Other Types Of Coupons For Stacking
- Mail In Rebates- are a good way to save extra cash when you were already planning on spending that money anyway. You can use coupons to buy an offer that also has a mail in rebate offer.
- Check Out 51- is kind of a mail in rebate coupon. Checkout 51 is done all online, but can save you tons of doe. This online friend of us couponers has a list of items that change every week, but that will pay you back certain amounts for purchasing a product. You upload your receipt proving your purchase and after evaluation of the receipt the coupon balance owed back to you will go into an account until it inquires a $20.00 balance. At that point you can choose to withdraw that amount and Check Out 51 will mail you your check. Super easy and there's an App for that!
- Target -has a few different ways to be able to stack your coupons for saving the most money at this awesome store.
- Cartwheel- The cartwheel is an offer from Target online. You have to sign up using an email address and download the cartwheel coupon printer. Using cartwheel gives you certain % off of various items that you can also use both store and manufactures coupons with. You can print out up to 10 cartwheels offers at the same time on the same page.
- RedCard- Signing up for the RedCard through Target gives you an additional 5% off of your entire purchase. You can use both types of coupons with this!
- Gift Cards- Target also has many gift card deals on different weeks for certain products. You can use a store coupon, manufactures coupon, the cartwheel offer, your RedCard and still get the gift card offer. You do not have to get a RedCard to receive the gift cards offers. You also get your gift card right at the register at check out! No waiting for it in the mail.
- Wallgreens- Is another couponer's favorite because of the awesome extra programs it has, to offer you the best savings!
- Register Rewards- This is an extra coupon you get back at the register after buying particular items in the store that are on sale advertised in earning Register Rewards. You can use these coupons on ANYTHING in the entire store, for the most part it is like a gift card. HOWEVER you cannot buy an item with a register reward and earn a NEW register reward for the new item purchased. So you cannot use a register reward to pay for a product where you will get another register reward.
- UP Rewards Program- This is a program you have to sign up for through the store. You will get a card and a little key chain. Don't worry though, if you forget your card they can look you up in the system by email or phone number. The program is set up as a points program. 1,000 points = $1.00. So if you earn 9,000 points for buying razors (which you used a store coupon, a manufacturers coupon and you'll be getting $2.00 back at the register for Register Rewards) you will receive 9,000 points = to $9.00 to use in their store on your next purchase. NOTE: I do believe you have to have a certain amount of points to spend at a time. Starting out at 5,000 points = to $5.00 and so on.
If you are looking for further advice on how to get started with your coupons feel free to click the link below to view another hub of mine "How To Start Couponing."
How To Start Couponing
- DIY: How To Start Couponing
In these tough times people have gone to great lengths to be able to pay the bills. Learning to coupon can help change all of that. It is so easy, anyone can do it. Here are some tips for beginners.
Don't Forget To Follow Me @
Combining Coupons Is The Way To GoClick thumbnail to view full-size
Target Shopping Trip!
How About You?
What is your favorite thing to stockpile?
$1.00 & Under Per Item Shopping Trips Are The BestClick thumbnail to view full-size
Don't Forget To Follow Me @
- Broke Living Rich
(by Mrs.Vivier) My daily/weekly blog