Increasing Your Income - Build a Better Lifestyle
Build a Better Economic Lifestyle
Increasing your income, getting out of debt, creating a budget, investing and saving are are all part of aspects of financial knowledge and actions to take to build a better economic lifestyle.
Debt is the most obvious obstacle to creating wealth. If you are spending more than your income brings in your debt will climb. Your monetary health improves with each dollar that is saved. The minimal amount that you have saved should be for emergency and a retirement savings.
It is better to have more savings than just for emergency and it is good if you are able to make regular retirement contributions. When your income greatly exceeds your expenses, investments become a nice way to help your money grow. As this continues, you can start to see yourself having multiple ways to invest your money and multiple streams of income. Increasing your net worth, means increasing your assets.
Taking Control of Your Expenses
Taking control of your expenses is the best way to get out of debt, stay out of debt, and to build up your savings. Developing good financial habits is important to the well being of your bottom line. Look at the big picture for yourself. Take small steps towards your desires. You will get there, one dollar at a time. Envisioning what you want for yourself is an integral part of your own success. Start with positive thinking. You might be feeling overwhelmed or frustrated at your financial situation, but you can make it better.
- The first thing is don’t panic. Panic sets the mind on a course of desperation, illogical, and sometimes worst case scenario thinking. You can change anything as long as you believe. Start by thinking positive. Be positive about yourself. Compliment and appreciate a few good things about yourself. There are things that make you a very special person. Look at these things and think about how you can use your inner qualities to get where you want to be.
- The next thing you can do for yourself is picture what you want right now. Take yourself on a guided imagery tour with vivid details so that can play out scenarios in your mind that feel real. As an example, think about how it would feel if the bills came in and you could just write the checks to pay them. Picture yourself taking out your checkbook. See yourself looking at the bill, writing the check, putting it in the envelope, stamping and mailing it. How does it make you feel? Use the same vividness to picture yourself opening a CD in a bank, or meeting with a broker to discuss an investment in a money market. Picture yourself doing these things. Now you have opened yourself up to the possibility of it happening, and if it does happen, you know what to do.Your emotions are ready and accepting of a new change.
- The Laws of Attraction are in your favor. What you think creates an action. Action creates your reality. Focus on positive things to help positive things happen. You need patience and to be realistic, but you can make your thoughts a reality and help your dreams get you to where you want to be.
- Anxiety, worry, negative thoughts don’t help solve and resolve a situation. It is action. You can take action when you know your direction. It is your thoughts that will give you direction. Therefore, positive thoughts will get you going in a positive direction.
- It is sometimes hard to have positve thoughts, when your problems are big or things are not going your way. Rise above these things in any way that you can. Get encouragement from the world around you, from people that you trust, from your past experiences that bring up good feelings, from a mentor, from the inspiration of someone you admire or admired, from spirituality, from your passions, from anywhere you can find it. Within you is all the tools you need to give you what you want. Harness that energy and show yourself who you are and what you can really do.
- You have the power to make the financial changes you need to. Be realistic about how long it will take. Set up a little road map to help yourself get there. Be prepared for bumps in the road, obstacles and other emotions that may come up to get in the way. But perserve. Be a survivor, and a winner, because you deserve to get out of debt and enjoy financial success.
- Keep doing those visualizations. How does it feel to not spend on something. How does it feel to have saved the money for a future opportunity? Deal with these feelings head on. If it hurts to feel like you are denying yourself, get to the core of the issue. Will denying yourself now really be so bad, if you can reward you later? Keep the big picture in mind. Keep yourself motivated. Seek help when you need it. Be proud of your strength and see yourself achieving what you want.
- Don’t give up, even when you feel the temptation. Your inner strength will help you win out over your weakness. That feeling you have of giving in is only temporary. The strength you will gain from perserving will be permanent. Look to get new and better habits. Keep your positive thoughts close by. Look at what you really want and all the things you need and want will come to you in time.
- Write down your desires, put up pictures that help remind you of what you want. Go after your desires with a passion and a belief that you can and you deserve.
- Give yourself positive reinforcements and positive thoughts everyday. Turn your thoughts into your reality.
A Day at a Time, A Dollar at a Time
You can change the way things are now and go after what you really want. Perseverance and a positive attitude will help you get what you want. It takes a belief in oneself, and a strategy to make it happen, but you can get through your situation to make it better. Remember, a day at a time, a dollar at a time and you can make your financial picture a brighter one. Good luck and please share your experiences.