How to Find Student Loan Forgiveness Programs - 8 Reasons Why Student Loans Are Forgiven You May Find Surprising
Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Programs
I know how afraid you are to go to school and get loans when so many are suffering under so much debt. Hopefully this hub can help someone. I want to start right off and say that before taking out a private loan for school talk to your parent and see if they will get a 'Parent Plus Loan" instead. Yes, a parent can get a loan for their child to go to school at a cheaper rate.
You may feel like your drowning in debt with you school loans. But whether you have consolidated school loans or not there are a few good reasons why they can be forgiven. But, before we go further, let’s talk about student loan consolidation.
There are many programs, but you will have to check with your own state to be sure there is not a program you are missing that could benefit you.
- Public Service Loan Repayment Program is when people enter and continue to work full-time in public service jobs. Under this program, borrowers may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance of their Direct Loans after they have made 120 qualifying payments on those loans while employed full time by certain public service employers.
- Income Based Repayment Program is when your loan payments are subsidized because of your household income. Be aware that the forgiven amount is considered earned income.
- Pay as You Go is for those with a high level of federal student loans compared to their income, and who took out their first federal student loan after Oct. 1, 2007.
Combining several school loans into one large loan; you can chose to extend your payment terms. Remember if you chose to repay your loan in a long stretch of time it will cost you more. The shorter repayment program will be cheaper to repay.
8 Reasons Why Student Loans Are Forgiven
You can have your school loans forgiven by getting online forms and sending them in and waiting for a few months to receive the news about your student loan forgiveness program. Of course you will have to meet some requirements to apply.
- Not having your GED or high school diploma after receiving graduate certificate.
- School closing while you were still attending.
- If you are disabled and cannot work.
- False certification.
- Unauthorized signature
- Join Peace corps
- Join AmeriCorps
- Volunteer In Service America (VISTA)
There are even special programs designed for Doctors and Teachers to have their loans forgiven. There are numerous reasons to have your school loans forgiven hopefully you fall into a category that will allow you to have a refund or return of your money. But if you don't you can always volunteer and have monies applied toward your loan from programs such as AmeriCorps.
Hopefully this hub is found useful. Please share the information with others.
Student Loan Debt Forgiveness and Repayment Programs:
Find out who owns your loan 1-800-433-3243
Dept. Of Education1-800-621-3115 Person in charge of discharging loans for false certification is Mr. Bandabaila at 1-415-486-5629