- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
How to Save on High Gas Prices
Top carpool and ride sharing site, worldwide coverage. Free, easy-to-use, large user base. Long distance, commuter, local, private groups.
- Carpool connect - search to find carpool matches
A commuters search engine. Search to find a carpool matching your commute. Discuss carpooling and other related issues.
Work at home
- 10 money making jobs for a work at home mom or dad!
how to get your own to get a good job these days and be your own boss!!! Work at home mom or dad.
Are you like me and FED-UP with how the Gas companies hike up the gas before every summer? They always cook up some reason to hike the prices up. Right now its close to 4.00 a gallon, many families are feeling the crunch and have to cut back on things. I want to tell you where you can cut back and what you can do to get better gas mileage too. Here are some ways to help you save on the never ending gas price hike -ups.
- Change your air filter in your car. Your car will get better gas mileage if the air filter is clean.
- Air up you tires. your car will get better mileage when the tires are full. On the side of your tire will tell you what it should be inflated to.
- Go to the grocery store once a week or every two weeks. Example: 5.00 per trip = 10-15.00 more per month.
- Group travel, try the e Ride share site or carpool. Take your Summer Vacation with another family!
- Ride a bike to work, you could carpool some days and ride a bike the other days, my plan is to ride my bike two days a week and carpool three days.
- Buy an Electric scooter, they are more affordable than an electric car and you could use it for short trips to town. in the long run you would save money.
- Make the kids ride the bus, daily trips to school add up to 10.00 a week x 4 = 40.00 per Mo. Ride the city bus to work 40.00 a month for a pass is cheaper than 100per month! Take the bus 3 days a week? and two days you drive? Ease yourself into it, if needed
- Group travel to the mall or shopping on Sat. get together with friends and go on the weekends. if you took just one person a normal 10.00 trip would be 5.00 per person. for every Saturday that adds up to 20..00 savings per mo.
- When we lived in the country the bus stopped at the local store and us kids bought some groceries for mom. The Idea here is, pick -something on the way home to save a trip back to the store! My grandpa would ask grandma what she wanted before he came home.
- Tune up your car, when its running smooth it runs better and gets better gas mileage.
- when you pay more for high octane gas it does usually last longer in your car, it might be wash on that one.
Best Of Luck to you and congratulations to all of you who can afford to drive electric cars.
The progression of things would be to go to natural gas, and then something else. Brazil has switched over and America doesn't even have a plan. They are going to sock it to us. So start stocking up on food because gas will get higher and hike up food prices too. Start now with these gas saving tips, and get something worked it out because, these Gas companies aren't letting go of us, we need to realize they will not help us get off of this stuff any time soon. New companies need to rise, get involved and help us change.
OK, will get off of my soap box now.
...please feel free to write and note and VOTE :)
Buy an electric motorcycle!
- Electric Scooter, Electric Mopeds, 500 Watt Electric Scooter, Moped, 500 Watt Scooter, Electric Mope
We are the low price leader in Electric Scooters.You will not find a better price for our high quality electric scooters anywhere.