How to Transfer Money from Paypal to BPI Credit Card Account Successfully
Do you have a Paypal account?
The Bank of the Philippine Islands has recently launched their ‘my ePrepaid card’ to link Paypal account to BPI account. It is great news to everyone who wants to transfer money from Paypal to their BPI funds. Just like UnionBank, BPI is the second bank in the country to ever announced their official Paypal guide and linking their debit cards and credit cards to Paypal and allow online banking services like shopping and easy money transfer.
To have a BPI bank account to connect to your Paypal savings is easy. All you need is to have that new amazing card called “my ePrepaid” card which serves as a credit card. It is a prepaid card which is reloadable and can be used in online shopping securely with wide access to all MasterCard affiliates in the web and all around the world. Just like UnionBank’s EON Debit card, this card is so far the second card that is allowed to connect to Paypal. The difference between having EON and BPI ePrepaid is the processing fee. To have this BPI prepaid card, it costs P500 while Eon only costs P350. Both cards have no maintaining balance and will expire after two years. Application of both is fast approved too. While BPI is reloadable, funds on it can’t earn interest like that of EON’s. Also, you cannot withdraw funds from Paypal to BPI ePrepaid card. If you want to have EON, you might want to know how to withdraw from Paypal to Unionbank instead.
First thing’s first, you need to have the BPI e-prepaid before you can transfer money from Paypal. To have the amazing card, just apply online because it’s the fastest and most convenient way. Follow the steps below:
1. Apply for a BPI e-prepaid card online. (go here)
2. Fill out the application form correctly and agree to their Terms and Agreement. Please make your name and info like address the same in your BPI account and your Paypal account.
3. Choose the BPI branch where you want to pick up your card.
4. Print out a copy of the BPI Prepaid Card Purchase Agreement Form.
5. Bring the form together with P500 (if you’re from greater Manila area; P600 if you’re from Visayas and Mindanao and outside greater Manila area) processing fee, and 1 valid ID in the BPI bank branch you have selected and claim your card. That’s it.
How to link and verify your BPI ePrepaid card to Paypal account?
Before you connect your BPI e-prepaid card to transfer money from Paypal, make sure your e-prepaid card at least P150 load because Paypal will charge P100 to verify your BPI account but will return and credit it back after verification was successful. However a $1 will be charged from you as processing fee in linking it. Follow the procedures below in connecting your card to Paypal.
1. Log in to your Paypal account.
2. In the Profile Tab, choose and click Add/Edit Credit Card
3. Choose Mastercard for the card type
4. Type in you’re My ePrepaid Mastercard details.
5. Click Add Card
6. Click Confirm My Card to allow Paypal to verify your BPI account by sending you a 4-digit code. Use this code when confirming your BPI account to link to Paypal. In case you didn’t receive this code, you can retrieve it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via BPI Express Online. You have to sign up for online banking for that one if you wish to. Once linked successfully, you can now transfer money from Paypal to your BPI ePreapaid card and shop online and make use of all MasterCard affiliate shopping.
How to Withdraw Money from Paypal to BPI ePrepaid Card
Take note that BPI ePrepaid Card is not a Debit Card where you can save money and withdraw them anytime. In the moment, BPI didn’t release yet a card catering to withdrawing money from Paypal to BPI account. This ePrepaid card can only be use to link Paypal funds in online shopping and purchases related to Mastercard shopping perks.