Interesting Statistics: If I had a dollar for every...
If I had a dollar for every time I have heard the expression “I wish I had a dollar for every time…”, I would be rich. Here are a few other fun statistics:
- If I had a dollar for every person that has died this year from choking on a ballpoint pen worldwide, I would have about 100 dollars. I could use this money to buy roughly 80 of my own ballpoint pens from Officemax. Of course, I might want to use the money for something else, just to play it safe.
-On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds BigMac bun. So, if I had a dollar for every sesame seed on my BigMac, I could buy about 60 whole BigMac sandwiches. Although, this might also cause me to gain 60 pounds.
-How valuable do you think cows could ever be? The largest amount ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million. If I had a dollar for every dollar the proud new owner of that cow had to spend, I think I could find better things to spend it on then a cow.
-There are roughly 12,583 Pizza Hut’s located all over the world. If I had a dollar for every Pizza Hut, I could buy about 1,500 delicious pizzas.
See More on the World's Most Expensive Dog
-Dogs have 1,700 taste buds. If I had a dollar for every taste bud my little dog has, I might be able to buy him a playmate. However, that much money wouldn’t even come close to allowing me to buy the most expensive dog ever bought. A prized red Tibetan mastiff was bought in China for 1.5 million dollars!
- The average dog can understand about 150-200 words and hand signals. Now maybe if I found a dog that could SPEAK 200 words, he would be worth 1.5 million dollars.
-If I had a dollar for the average number of hours a cat sleeps per day, I would have about 16 bucks. I would use it to buy a dog! (Sorry to all the cat fans out there)
- Human hearts beat around 100,000 times a day. If I had a dollar for every time my heart beat, it would take me over 4 days to have the average yearly salary of a heart transplant surgeon.
- You can currently buy a book from Stephanie Myer's Twilight Saga for 10 bucks or less from Amazon. According to CBS News,"Twilight series actress Kristen Stewart got a $16 million payout last year. But the brains behind the project made three times that -- series creator and author, Stephenie Meyer, made $50 million" Kristen could buy millions of copies of the book if she really wanted to, and Stephenie could probably splurge on the million dollar dog with her spare change. If I had even just a dollar for every million Myer's made, I could buy the complete Twilight Saga series.
-It is hard to get a good figure on how much Facebook is worth. I did see that most sources claim it is worth billions of dollars. According to checkfacebook.com there are over 155,000,00 Americans with a Facebook account. So even if I had a dollar for every American that had a Facebook account, I still wouldn’t have enough money to buy even half of the Facebook empire.
Facts about money:
If you used $1 bills a million dollars would weigh 2,040.8 pounds, but if you used $100 bills it would only weigh 20.4 pounds.
There were more than 10 billion pennies made in 1998.
Martha Washington is the only woman whose portrait has appeared on a U.S. currency note
- If I had a dollar for every paper bill printed in the US by The Bureau of Engraving and Printing in one day, I would have about 38 million dollars.Having the face value of the bills would be even better by giving me about $541 million.
-If I had a dollar for every Christmas card sent from the United States in just one year, I would have about 1,900,000,000 dollars! With that much money, I could buy 121,250 of the 2012 Ford Fiesta cars. I would be more loved than Santa Claus if I gave all of my friends, family, and acquaintances a new car for Christmas! Christmas cards are the most popular card sent in this country, but Valentine’s Day cards are a close second. If I had a dollar from every US Valentine’s Day Card sent in one year, I would have 192 million bucks. Just think of how many boxes of chocolate I could buy myself with that much money!
"If you had 10 billion $1 notes and spent one every second of every day, it would require 317 years for you to go broke." - Fact Monster
I would need a dollar for every activity mentioned above, and then some to not have to worry about going broke for the rest of my life. Maybe one day I will get lucky, and start earning a dollar a day for everything I write? Until then I will just keep looking up useless facts and writing for the joy of writing.
- $1.5 million paid for world’s most expensive dog - TODAY Pets & Animals - TODAY.com
- Fun Facts | Pizza.com
Did you know that 94 percent of Americans eat pizza regularly? Learn more interesting pizza facts and amaze your friends at Pizza.com.
- Average Surgeon - Heart Transplant Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment
National average Surgeon - Heart Transplant salary range, job & career education, unemployment, benefits and job search advice for Surgeon - Heart Transplant job seekers. Find salaries anywhere: New York to California, Washington to Florida, Penn
- Random Facts