Internet Resources for Retirees
If you are reading this site, I assume you are familiar with the Internet and can get around fairly well. Here are some resources for retirees that may be helpful. No doubt, some of these you will already be familiar with but, hopefully, I can give you one or two you had not found yet.
The biggest concerns for most retirees are probably money and health so let us look at those first.
- Financial Advice: Charles Schwab: Advice & Retirement
Need help achieving your financial goals? Visit Schwab.com to learn more about the financial advice we offer every clientregardless of account size.
- Investment Planning & Retirement Guidance - Fidelity
Fidelity has the investments, guidance, tools and people to help you achieve your retirement goals.
- Ultimate Guide to Retirement: Strategies for your IRA, 401(k), pension and more from Money Magazine
- The United States Social Security Administration
The Social Security Administration has a large and well organized website that can answer many of you questions and is the best place to start.
- Vanguard - Guidance and advice - a spectrum of financial products and services
An overview of the guidance and advice services offered at Vanguard.
Other places to check are your local bank’s website and whoever administers your retirement plan.
Two caveats however:
Remember that most of these places have something to sell you. That does not mean their advice and ideas are not good; you just have to remember what their motivation is and make up your own mind.
Also, you do not have to leave you IRA or 401k with the administrator that your company provided. Shop for the best deal on administrative costs and investment performance and make up your own mind. No one has your interests at heart quite as much as you do.
Health and Insurance
Again, one of the best sources of information, is the website of your carrier. Some of the leading ones are:
- HUMANA - Guidance when you need it most
Health insurance plans and related healthcare benefits for Medicare, individual or group health insurance. Manage your healthcare choices with Humana.
- Affordable Health Insurance & Medical Insurance Plans Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem is a trusted health insurance & health care plan provider. Our portfolio features a line of health care, pharmacy, dental, life and disability insurance products.
- Aetna - Health Insurance, Dental, Pharmacy, Group Life and Disability Insurance
You can usually do a search and find your particular carrier.
Also, take a look at
- WebMD - Better information. Better health.
The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert co
- Retirement Online - PreRetirement, PostRetirement & All Your Retirement Days!
Lots of retirement online advice from my website and retirees themselves!
- AARP Health - AARP Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance, Pharmacy
AARP works with leading providers to make health insurance, discounts, and wellness programs available to adults over 50, including major medical, supplemental, and long-term care insurance, dental plans, and discounts on prescriptions, eyewear, medi
- The Online Community for BOOMers | eons.com
Eons.com is the online community for spirited BOOMers who want to explore their passions, keep in touch with friends, connect with interesting people, share life experiences and, most of all, have fun.
This is by no means a complete listing of all the available resources but it is a start. Explore and you will find something of interest that fits your needs. The Internet can be a wonderful way to find new ideas and even new interest and friends. Just like the world outside your door however, you have to use caution and common sense and know who you are dealing with before you give out any information.