- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Earn Online Money: Write Music Reviews on Slice the Pie
Online Money Poll
What is your primary source of online income?
Earn Money Online with Slice the Pie - My Review
Although so many individuals find ways to make money online, it’s still a concept that is fairly new to some. Especially if you’re new to the game, it can be quite intimidated and confusing as to which online avenue you should dedicate your time to earn money online. There is always taking the survey route, which is a very viable option and I myself have made money by taking online surveys, but if you’re looking for something that’s a bit more fun and doesn’t make you want to fall asleep while you’re working, then checking out Slice the Pie will definitely be worth your time. Although this website has undergone some major layout and payout changes, the concept still remains the same, and is still a fun way to make money online.
How Does Everything Work?
The idea is simple, get paid to write music reviews. Every day, there are new artists emerging onto the music scene with new songs. Whether or not these songs do well, is largely dependent on how the audience perceives these songs. The audience can determine if the artist becomes successful or not. For these reasons, it is crucial for artists to receive genuine and constructive criticism from some members of that audience, so if need be, they can make adjustments to their song to make it better, before rolling it out to the general public. This is where Slice the Pie comes in. This website bridges that gap between the artist and the audience.
Registration is easy, simply fill out some basic information, accept the terms and conditions and choose your preferred music genres, which by the way, you will still get to review songs from other genres, so not to worry, your options will not be limited. You can review music 24/7 and get paid for doing so, they have a huge database of songs that are available.
How to Review
Reviewing is very simple. A song will be loaded, and when you’re ready to listen, just press “play”. A 90 second countdown will begin, and when it’s over, you will be able to submit your review. Even when the countdown stops, the song will continue playing and you can still submit your review when you are completely satisfied with it.
Your entire review is written in a designated box they provide on the same webpage. Fair warning, Slice the Pie disables the ability to copy and paste, so it’s best if you write your review directly in the review box. The reason they do this is to prevent people from abusing the system and using a general template for all music reviews. This is their way of ensuring all reviews are done genuinely.
After you’ve written your review, you then rate it on a scale from 0 to 10. That is all, there are only two steps to this review. The actual writing and then the rating.
Once you submit your review, the following webpage will then specify how much money you earned for that review, and your account balance will update itself. You can then continue on with your next review.
How Much Can I Make?
The amount of money you earn will differ from person to person. Besides the quality and length of your review, the next biggest factor in determining how much money you make is your star rating. The better your review, the higher star rating you receive. The higher your rating, the more money per review you can earn. For each review that you write, you’re usually paid between $0.08 to $0.15. Again, this amount will vary depending on a variety of factors. Bottom line though, you will get paid for each review that you write!
Tips for Writing Music Reviews
- Be as detailed as possible
- Provide constructive comments, both positive and negative
- The lengthier the review the better, as long as you’re not just ranting for word count
- Write your review the second the song begins, don’t wait for it to end
- Using headphones will allow you to, one, not be distracted, and two, you’re able to hear the instrumentals and rhythm much more clearly
- Create a sticky note or something similar on your computers desktop, so as you’re writing your review, you can refer to some helpful pointers
There are 10 things to keep in mind when writing your music reviews
1) Introduction: How did the song begin? Was it different from how the rest of the song is? Was it abrupt, gradual, etc.,?
2) Melody: Did you enjoy the sounds of the notes in the song? Was there a distinctive melody that was different from the rest of the song? Was the melody harmonious to other elements of the song?
3) Lyrics: Did the lyrics provide a message? Does it contrast or compare to the overall beat of the song? Was it soothing and peaceful or loud and upbeat?
4) Instrumentals: What types of instruments did they use? Anything stand out specifically? How were the instruments used to enhance the rhythm or lyrics of the song?
5) Rhythm: Was there a particular pattern of music to the song? Was the rhythm fast, slow, catchy, boring? Did it match the lyrics and melody of the song?
6) Feeling: How did this song make you feel? Did it leave you happy and at peace? Did it make you want to party and dance? Or did it anger you and boil your blood?
7) Production: How was the overall execution of the song? Were its production quality values low or high?
8) Hit Potential: How much of a chance does this song have in becoming successful? Would you listen to it again or recommend it? Or could you not wait to turn the song off?
9) Conclusion: What was your overall impression of the song? Did you like it? Not like it?
10) Other: What else can you say about the song that would help the artist, either positive or negative? Is there something you would change?
How Do I Get Paid?
This is the big question, because when it comes down to it, we all want to get paid. Payments are done all through PayPal and can be withdrawn as soon as you have a minimum of $10 in your account.
Another way to earn money is through referral links. For every referral that you get, you’ll receive a 15% bonus for the reviews that your friends make for 60 days, then 10% after that, but don’t worry, that money won’t be deducted from your friends’ earnings. You’ll find your referral URL link under the account tab.
If you found this information helpful to you, I would greatly appreciate if you used my referral link posted just below. Thank you!
My Slice the Pie Referral Link
Why Slice the Pie and Not Another Website?
The reason why I am so pro Slice the Pie, is because of the way you are able to make money. I’ve been on countless numbers of different types of websites, all offering ways to earn money online, and although those ways did make me money, the entire process was completely dull. I would often dread doing the work to make me that money. Well, with Slice the Pie, it doesn’t even feel like work. If you like music and don’t mind writing, you’ll definitely enjoy making money on this website. Time goes by so incredibly fast when you’re reviewing.
What’s New with Slice the Pie? (06/16/2015)
Slice the Pie has recently announced that not only will they offer music reviews, but if you’re interested in fashion as well, they will provide you with opportunities to review fashion trends. I think it’s great that Slice the Pie is expanding and offering another revenue stream. I hope these upgrades continue into a website of different ways to earn money by writing reviews!
My overall opinion of Slice the Pie, is that it’s a legitimate way of making money online. It is not a scam, and you will get paid for your efforts. Again, if you enjoy listening to real music by real artists, don’t mind writing, and want a way to earn money online, this is a website that is worth your time to check out.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below and I’ll do my best to answer them. I’d also love to know if you’re currently using this site or have used it in the past. Are you currently making money online through other websites? Even ones similar to Slice the Pie?