Job Ideas for College Students
Need a job?
BalanceClick thumbnail to view full-size
Finding a Balance
As a college student, you have a lot of things that you need to balance. I know that pursing a higher education and having a job is hard work and very stressful. That kind of stress can cause you some health problems and/or even kill you. Life is not always all about paying bills and working all the time. No matter busy and/or tired you might get for working, don't forget to always catch with your homework, study and have fun. Here is how you can find a balance.
1. Do not take class than you can handle. Believe me I know about this firsthand. I took five class during my first semester of university. I was overwhelmed, stress and could not handle. That effected my and ended up on academic probation.
2. Eat Well. Too much junk food will be bad for you. Include fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. Drink a lot of water and would feel refreshed.
3. Do physical activities. Do not forget to see a doctor before you start any exercise program. Your body and body will thank you.
4. Practice time management. Make a schedule that includes your classes, job, extra-curricular activities, etc.
What to Look For
The job search can be a daunting task for anybody. Especially when you are a college student who does who have other things going on in there lives. For example, a single parent who not only got his or herself and a child or ten to support. That person also got an education to finance as well. Just be sure to practice good money management and stick to a budget.
Jobs That Fit
1. If your are a pre-law major, there websites that allow you to participate in a mock jury. Working for as an assistant for a law office could help
2. Any art lovers out there? There artists in your local community the could use some assistance in organizing the business side of what that do.can work in a theater's box office
3. Science buffs can participate in studies that are in your medical department are always conducting medical studies. That means they can pay you some money if you qualify.
4. Hey bibliophiles (or book lovers)! Your campus bookstore and library are looking for people too. If you have the time, you can even write your very own literary material.
5. Tutoring positions are not only just available on campus alone. You can utilize websites as well and don't forget to do your research. Just make sure that are these websites are not scams. You could also help high school students prepare for college entrance exams.
6. Nature lovers can mow lawns, work at parks, plant greenery, garden etc. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and get paid while doing it.
7. If you want to be an actor or a performer, participate as an extra role in movies, music video and TV show.
8. Do you like to party? Bar tending and catering can be the perfect idea to serve drinks and food at different events on and off campus.
9. Attention sport fans! You can make money during sporting events by selling tickets, working the concession stand, or take photos and sell them.
10. Do you like to give people advice and a natural born problem solver? Well being a resident adviser (or RA for short) would be a good idea. You would solving conflicts and enforce residence rules and policies.
11. For the music and the drama majors. You could make money by using your voice. There are websites that are looking for voice talent.
In conclusion, find a balance, practice time management, have fun, and relax. There are jobs out there for you weather it is online and/or offline. Just have your resume together and volunteer. Especially if you do not have much job experience.
- eJury.com :: The Online Trial Experience
eJury has revolutionized the way attorneys prepare for trial. Our online Mock Juries and Focus Groups allow large groups of people to help attorneys determine case value, develop case themes, find the facts to emphasize, and learn "public" attitudes
- WyzAnt: Find Private Tutors at Affordable Prices, In-Person & Online
Find affordable, top-rated private tutors in 250+ subjects and test prep on Wyzant.com. Quick online scheduling for in-person and online tutoring help.