- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Legit Work From Home for Moms
We would all rather sit home and be a part of our kids' lives 24/7. But is it really possible? Of course it is! I have personally explored and experienced making money from home in a legit manner. Some will make you dollars at a time, some only pennies. But it all adds up and gives you a bit of extra cash to spend on yourself or to get that phone bill paid last minute.
Buying and Re-Selling Items
If you have an eye for a bargain this may be a great option for you. Their are plenty of wholesalers both on Ebay and Amazon who sell their products so cheap you can easily sell them at 50% or more either online or from your own home and even via yard sales and flea markets. Here are a few examples.
- Jewelry - I recently got into buying and re-selling body jewelry, watches, rings, etc. The pieces are actually pretty cheap when you buy them in bulk.
- Yard Sale Items - YES! You can absolutely find cheap/free stuff that people are practically giving away and re-sell them again at a reasonable price.
- Make-Up - It's not going to be name brand but for people who don't mind cheap make-up at a great price you have so many options!
- Cell Phone Cases/Accessories - I know I dread paying $50 for a cell phone case. I bought mine online for $5 and it keeps my phone safe and has not let me down yet! Be someone's hero and sell them a durable $5 cell phone case!
- Sunglasses - You ever go to a flea market and wonder how in the world these people are selling $5 sunglasses? BAM! This is why. WHOLESALE!
- Party Supplies - People need this stuff in bulk. Put the high end party stores on the back burner and buy bulk party supplies online! You can re-sell in bulk or individually!
- Hair Supplies - 100 hair bands for $12 that you can re-sell at $1 a piece = $88 profit. Now, tell me where we are going wrong?
- Adult Fun - This article is rated PG13. Let's keep it to your imagination and excellent search skills!
The possibilities are endless! All you have to do is know your market and advertise. Re-sell online or get face to face with your customers.
12pc Elastic Crochet Headbands only $3.89!
50 Bows for Your Headbands! Only $15.99
Make and Sell Stuff!
With this one, the possibilities are endless! Learn how to make lipstick, chap-stick, eye shadows. If you know how to crochet or knit utilize that skill. Make jewelry by buying the things you need to make the product. For example, to make an easy lip gloss, all you really need is petroleum jelly, some flavor, color using old eye shadow, and empty lip gloss containers you can buy online. There's tons of recipes you can look up online and plenty of ideas you can come up with. The internet is a wonderful thing! Here's a couple easy crafty ideas.
- Lip Gloss/Balm
- Scrap Books
- Crochet/Knitted hats, blankets, scarves, etc.
- Fragrance Oils
- TuTu's (So much fun and easy to make!)
- Soaps (Liquid and Bar)
- Hair bands for babies and girls. (Also very fun!)
- Baby Carrier Wraps
Use your imagination! There's so many things you can craft that others will buy from you. Especially if it has to do with kids and babies. Check out my Amazon store via the link below with many things I have purchased for my own crafts.
Cheap Bulk/Wholsale Crafting Items from Amazon
Start a Cleaning Business
This is actually fun. Though it will require you to need an occasional babysitter to do your house cleaning runs, it's a great way for you to establish your own business and make your own hours. All it really takes is cleaning supplies, mops, buckets, a vehicle, some type of liability insurance and the drive to succeed! Advertising is helpful also!
You will want to decide what kid of cleaning business. Do you want to use chemical cleaners or stay "green". These green cleaners are saving a lot of money by making their own cleaning products. However you can also order green cleaning products online for super cheap prices that will last you a while. Most of the products can be used for everything from mopping floors to cleaning windows.
Start a Home Daycare!
You already have your own children to tend to. If you have the patience for more, a home day care is a great idea!
You must keep in mind your own states laws, however. Some states only require you to be licensed if you babysit/care for more than 5 or 6 kids at a time. Regardless of your license status, it is always a good idea to carry some kind of liability insurance in case something happens.
Figure it this way. You already have your own child (that's 1). If you are able to establish 4 more consistent children to care for on a daily basis the minimum you would be charging is $30/day/child. Say each child is Monday - Friday. That's $150/child/week. So 4 children at $150/week is $600/week! That's more than most people make at a regular 9-5 job! So you can make money and still be able to stay home and care for your own child.
If you wanted to be generous you could even charge the minimum of $20/day/child and still make $400/week which is still more than someone making $11/hour at a 40hr/week would bring home after taxes. Thank about it! No more 9-5!
Opportunities are Endless
Everything I have mentioned has proven to be successful ways of making extra cash while being able to stay home. There is so much you can do besides what is listed here. You can become a writer or freelancer. If you husband approved, become a web cam model! Of course only working while kiddos are sleeping! Explore your options and see what works best for you and your household.
Stop by My Store!
- Crafty Creations and Green Cleaning - Crafting and Creations
Don't forget to stop by the Amazon store and grab your bulk items for crafting and/or re-selling.