- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
Pimp Yourself Out and Promote Your Work
I've been a freelance writer and entrepreneur long enough to know the magic of advertising and marketing can go a very long way to get you what you want. It requires consistency, persistence, knowledge, creativity and a whole lot of time.
Is it worth it? Yes.
You may not like him, but Donald Trump said something incredible; "There's no such thing as too much advertising." If we are to be successful, we need to look at people who are successful and pay attention to what they do.
Today marks my 1st month at Bubblews and I am almost at 4th redemption. Maybe that's not what you call success but as a writer, I know it takes time before you start reaping the rewards of your skill. It takes times to gain momentum and depends on how hard you work to push yourself out there. No one is going to find you unless you make yourself seen or heard. That's why I decided to put some tips out there for whoever is interested.
Okay, so why should I share this with you? Am I too nice? Well, not so much in business. I just know if you make more money and gain more of an audience, so do I, so does Bubblews and so on. Whether you want to agree or not, this is a numbers game.
You can say the only reason you're here is to vent or make new friends, blah, blah, blah. And that is a plus for me too, don't misconstrue this post. I love learning about other cultures, countries, it's fun. But making extra coin never hurts. And it's even part of Bubblew's motto.... "We also believe that those people should be compensated for their time and speech." I agree. Don't you?
Why do you think that is? Because they make money when you do. Everyone is getting paid, from the sponsors you see on this page, to B, to you and whoever you share your article with. It's a give and take, it's fair and there's nothing wrong with that. Below are tips that work for me. Maybe they'll work for you too. Would love to hear from you if they did. Makes me smile to know I've helped someone and I know some of you have no idea how to promote your work.
1. Open a Tumblr account and post your Bubblews profile link to it, add posts as you write them. The Tumblr link is on this page, next to your post, on left side, so just click after you've registered.
2. Open a Google Plus account, do the same as #1.
3. Open a Youtube account, which is your Google account sign on, put Bubblews profile link in your profile, make a video. I make videos using my digital camera. I don't own a vid cam. I video my dog Coco Modugno doing tricks, and make up video cartoons using #4, below. I don't have a lot of views but who cares. Better than 0.
4. Open a Goanimate account. It's free but if you want to post on youtube, you have to pay $6 a month for the privilege. Worth it for more audience.
5. Open Twitter account. Do the same as all above.
6. Open Pinterest account. Same. Just remember Pinterest is all about PICS, not so much writing. But I have noticed an increase in followers since I started here. I post all my pictures to it, and attach link of post/article, so people have to read it in order to see picture.
7. Facebook accounts are good for traffic if you know how to use it. You can open a personal fan page for yourself, doesn't have to be a writer's page. I have one; Rosana Modugno, and it's all for my writing. It's separate from my private page I use for friends and fam. I never bother anyone with my posts, first of all because they love how I write, and secondly because they won't get them unless they follow me.
8. Register to be a Yahoo Contributor. I am a writer there as well.
9. JPMAG is a place for photographers. I am a freelance photographer and my work is there under "Art Menace". Add your B link there too.
10. Rotten E-Cards. I am under "Brain Yummies", which is an alias I use and if you've seen any of my e-cards here for my posts, they are mine. It's free to register, free to create your own cards, use them, give them to friends, it's awesome.
11. Bubblews pays. It does. I've been on it since Aug 2013 and I have been making money and continue to do so. If I can put my referral link here I will try. If it gets taken down, I will remove link, but it pays. You only need to write 10 posts a day at maximum, 400 CHARACTERS each at a minimum; not to be confused with WORDS. Characters = about 90 words. Way easier, better pay. It just is. If the site doesn't last, I will at least have made money on it. Can't blame me for wanting to earn.
*Update I was told I can't put in a link here for Bubblews but here is my name there: Rosanamod
Your name should always be connected with what you do.
If you have a business card, put your url link there too, so when you pass it around, they'll have it. New cards? Write it on the backs.
I make money elsewhere, have always been resilient and independent that way. I don't worry about cash flow. But keep in mind that if you focus on making more, you will make more. The only reason you're not making more, is because people do not know who you are or where you are.
It's a big world out there and just because you write something here, doesn't mean everyone will read it. Connect with your world, put yourself out there, spread it around and challenge yourself. You are your only obstacle in attaining everything you desire. You limit you.
Copyright © 2013