Online Shopping: How to save big!
Shop through Ebates
I LOVE Ebates! Over the past several years I have received over $2000 CASH back from merely clicking on Ebates before purchasing anything online.
Ebates lists over 1600 stores in 22 categories. I actually stopped shopping online at Barnes and Noble, because they are no longer affiliated with Ebates.
I know the cynics will argue that you only get a small percentage of cash back for each purchase, and that is true, most of the time. However, all of those small percentages have added up to big bucks each quarter for me and thousands of other online shoppers each year.
Ebates also runs Double Cash Back Deals, which are a great incentive to shop through their web page. Currently you can order magazine subscriptions and get 26% cashback on each order.
Drugstore.com is one of my favorite places to shop online; currently they are offering 5% cash back (once in awhile they offer 12% cashback). One of the nice things about this site is that they give you a 6% purchase credit every quarter. They also have a sister site, Beauty.com, which carries all the top-line hair and beauty products including Nars; Frederic Fekkai; Smashbox; Stella; and all the brands that you would find at Sephora.
Guess what, Sephora is also on ebates, so you can purchase your beauty products there and currently receive 4% cash back.
When my spouse travels for his job, I always make sure that he goes to Ebates first to book his hotel room. 2.5% adds up quickly on expensive travel.
Renting a car? Go through Ebates first. Flying? Go through Ebates first. Purchasing a new computer or other electronic equipment? You got it--go through Ebates first. In fact, you should go through Ebates before making any online purchase.
Why You Should Join
You get cash back at any of 1,600 stores any time you start your shopping trip at Ebates.com. There are no points to redeem, no forms to mail in, and no fees. Stores pay Ebates a sales commission for sending shoppers their way, and Ebates uses the commission to pay you cash back. To date, Ebates members have already earned more than $100,000,000.
I not only save money with the big fat checks I receive each quarter from Ebates.com, but I save money by shopping for groceries and personal care items online. I am one of those folks who cannot walk into a Target or Kohl's without buying unnecessary items. When I shop online, I can see exactly before hitting the purchase button how much money I am spending. I then go through my shopping bag and delete the items that were merely impulse purchases. When I am physically in the store, it is difficult for me not to purchase items that have been displayed for impulse buying. I am an advertiser’s dream, so it is safer for my finances for me to stay out of the store and shop online.
How often do you shop online?
Take a look at just the stores that begin with the letter A!
- Aeropostale A Pea in the Pod ABCmouse.com Abe Books Canada Abe's of Maine
- Abebook ABSINTHE Abt Electronics AC Lens Accessorize Accessory Geeks
- Accor Hotels Ace Hardware Acronis Adagio Teas AdamEveToys Addition Elle
- Adidas Adobe Adorama Adorama Pix Advance Auto Parts Aerie Aeropostale
- Affliction AfterSchool.com AHAlife AHAVA Ahnu Air and Water Air France
- Airport Rental Cars AJ Madison Alamo Rent A Car Aldo Canada AldoShoes US
- Alex and Ani Alibris Alienware All About Dance All Battery All Modern
- All Posters Allen Edmonds Alloy AllSaints Alpha Industries Alternative Apparel
- Altrec.com Outdoors Amazon American Airlines Vacations American Diabetes Wholesale
- American Eagle American Express Gift Cards American Express Travel
- AMI Club Wear Amrita Singh Amsterdam Printing Ancestry.com ANDREW MARC
- Angara Angie's List Ann Taylor Anna's Linens Anne Klein Anytime Costumes
- AOL Lifestore Apple Canada Apple Small Business Apple Store Appleseed's
- Aqua Supercenter Aquasana Aramark Arden B. Are You Game Arhaus Jewels
- Art.com Ashford Ashley Stewart C Asian Food Grocer ASOS Astley Clarke
- Astro Gaming AT&T AT&T Wireless Athleta Atlantis Audible.com Auto Barn
- Auto Parts Warehouse Auto Zone AutoAnything Autodesk Autosport Catalog
- AutoTrader.com Avenue AVG Antivirus
Imagine how many stores are listed B - Z!!!!!
Amazon is on Ebates!
Favorite Promotional Code Sites
There are many promotional code sites, but like most Google Searches, the best ones tend to be listed on the first two pages. I always check out: Retailmenot, Couponcabin, Fatwallet, Dealcatcher, and Coupons. I tend to have the best luck with these sites.
Do not check out without a promo code!
In addition to going through ebates everytime I shop online, I always search for promotional codes. It is simple: Just open a new tab and search for promotional codes for the store that you are interested in. This may take a little time, but it is worth it. I always find free shipping codes; percentage off codes; etc. I only shop at Kohls online through ebates, and I am able to find an additional 30% off of any purchase promotional code at least 80% of the time. I do not purchase from Kohl's without a 30% off code. I wait a few days, and I can always get a 30% off code.