How to Use SavingStar to Save on Groceries
What is SavingStar?
If you are looking for additional ways to save on your grocery bill, I suggest you check into the SavingStar website. SavingStar, a grocery ecoupon service, was created to allow you to choose from an available database of ecoupons and then download them into an account designated in your name.
If you decide to sign up, you will be prompted to enter your personal information such as name, address, and the names of the stores that you typically shop. This information allows the website to pull up the participating stores that are in your area.
SavingStar will also ask you for your store loyalty card information to be able to track your purchases from each store. Once these purchases have been reported, the amount of savings from the ecoupons are then deposited into your SavingStar account.
Let me stress that your bill at the participating store will not reflect the SavingStar ecoupon that you selected on their site. The reason you cannot see the savings on your bill is because they will be credited into your personal account on the SavingStar website.
Note: While shopping at your designated stores, continue to shop with your manufacturer and store issued coupons to always get the lowest price possible. The SavingStar program is a way for you to get additional savings on top of your usual, everyday coupons. Think of these particular ecoupons as a rebate for buying the products they are promoting.
Now let's take a more in depth look at exactly how the SavingStar website works, their available methods of payment, and the benefits of using this grocery ecoupon service.
How SavingStar Works
1. Make your selection of the ecoupons you would like to download to your SavingStar account. This selection of ecoupons will then be tied to each of your store loyalty cards that you entered while creating your account.
2. When making your purchases, be sure the cashier scans your store loyalty card. The scanning of the card reports the purchases made back to the SavingStar website.
3. Once these purchases have been made, a report usually taking anywhere from 7-30 days will then be submitted to the SavingStar website. They will then match your purchases with the ecoupons you previously selected and will credit the amount into your personal SavingStar account.
Great Couponing Guides
SavingStar Payment Options
Once your SavingStar account reaches a savings total of at least $5.00, you are then allowed to select a payment method of your choice. Depending on your personal preferences, there are four different ways to receive your payout.
- If you would like instant credit of your ecoupon savings, you can choose to direct deposit into your personal bank account.
- If you are not a fan of giving out your personal bank account information, set up a PayPal account and select this option to deposit your savings.
- If you love to shop on Amazon, a good payment method for you would be to select the Amazon gift card payment option.
- If you love to give and help out others with your savings, you can choose to donate your savings to a charity of your choice.
Even though they are only four payments available right now, SavingStar hopes to add more methods of payment in the near future. Check their website for any updated additional choices of available payment methods.
Benefits of SavingStar
- There is no need to get out those scissors again. These ecoupons save valuable time and are easy to download into your personal SavingStar account.
- You will not be wasting your precious printer ink on these ecoupons. Once you select and download, they are all ready to go in the system waiting for your purchases to be made.
- SavingStar releases a new selection of ecoupons every Thursday. They will send you an email to let you know when the updated selection is available.
- After making your selection of ecoupons, SavingStar allows you to print out a list of the ecoupons you have chosen or you can email yourself this list for easy access while you are out shopping.
- SavingStar is also avaliable as an IPhone or Android mobile app. These apps come in handy when you are at the store, find a great sale, and need to download an ecoupon to match the sale product.
With over 100 retail chains participating in SavingStar program, you should be able to find a store in your area who supports this website. Many of the grocery and drug stores that you already shop at are affiliated with the SavingStar program including but not limited to Kroger, Albertsons, BILO, Winn Dixie, CVS, and Rite Aid.
For a complete list of participating stores and to sign up for this grocery ecoupon service, visit the SavingStar website. If you use SavingStar along with regular manufacturer and store issued coupons while shopping at your favorite stores, you have the potential of big time savings in your grocery budget and even getting an extra item or two for free!