Top 10 Ways to Make a Living Online
With the economy in such a downward spiral, and so many unemployed, people are looking for alternative ways to bring in an income. I, myself, am a mother of a beautiful little girl who is about 10 months old. I don't think I have to tell you that kids are expensive, as well as daycare. I choose to be a stay at home mom while my child's father goes to work to help support us. I come from a family where everyone is expected to contribute, maybe not financially, but in some way. I personally did not feel as though I was being fair, I had to find a way to help bring in money to support us and to help us move toward a brighter tomorrow. I searched for what seemed like forever to find a good source of income only to find scam after scam, after scam. When I finally would find places like Hub-pages, the amount of income still wouldn't be enough. I finally realized that the way to make a regular income online was to use a variety of websites and not put all of my eggs into one basket. Below is a list of my top 10 (scam-free) money making opportunities online. I hope that these websites help you as much as they have me.
- You can create a free website on Weebly.com and use Google Adsense, Amazon Affiliate links or other affiliate links to bring in a small amount of income. The good thing about Google Adsense, is there is relatively no upkeep, so long as you can find a way to continuesly drive traffic to your website you will see revenue.
- Use a article writing website like Hub-pages. If you create well-written articles you can create a portfolio and apply for freelance writing jobs.
- Use a website like Etsy or Ebay to sell things you create or re-purpose. Ebay opens the possibilities a little further, you can sell pretty much anything there while Etsy is only for hand-made or vintage items.
- Elance.com is a website that connects companies with freelancers. You can design websites and/or graphics for companies, sometimes for quite a bit of profit.
- Use a survey taking website like Treasure Trooper or Surveyhead.com. While they usually don't pay much per survey, this can be an easy way to make a few extra dollars.
- mturk.com is an Amazon run program that allows you to make a little bit of money by doing simple tasks like surfing the web or doing a short survey.
- Write an E-book. You can write for a specific audiance, share experience that other people could benefit from knowing or just write because you love it. You can sell your E-book almost anywhere on the internet as well as on devices such as Amazon's kindle and in the iBooks store on the iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone.
- Create an app. People are using devices such as the iPhone, kindle fire and other tablets more and more every day. As a user myself, I love searching for the next best app to hit the market. You can always try and even if you don't make the best app, you should see a few sales anyway.
- Tutor students online. Many people have a hard time with at least one subject in school. Maybe your strong-suit was math, find someone online that needs you, you can make an honest income with this if you are good enough.
- Refer people. Many companies pay you a commission for referring people to a certain website. While this can be somewhat dishonest at times (such as referring someone to a website you know is a scam), you can make quite a bit off of this if you can generate a fair amount of traffic.
I hope that you find yourself in a better place financially in the near future.