How to Save Money!
Ways to Save
- Buy Used- Instead of buying the newest I-Pod from the Apple store, consider purchasing it used from Amazon or refurbished from Target. There are many other items one can purchased used or refurbished for cheaper price.
- Buy in Bulk- Buy necessities or items you frequently use in bulk, it is cheaper. Items such as toilet paper, trash bags, and hand soap.
- Buy groceries at Walmart- If you aren't one of those political activist that is anti Walmart, Walmart is where you should shop instead of your local grocery. While prices at groceries have been on the rise, Walmart prices have stayed steady. For example the price of a gallon of milk at Walmart is around two dollars something and at my local grocery milk is nearing 5 dollars.
- Use the Library- Using the local library to allows one to read books, watch dvds, listen to music and computer use all for free with a library card.
- Shop clothing at discount stores- Clothing stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls offer brand name clothes at a lower price than department stores. Apparel like American Eagle, Quicksilver, Volcom, Ralph Lauren, Ecko, and others can be found at these stores.
- Buy store brands- Buying stores own brand of products is usually cheaper than name brands. So if you don't mind buying Dr.Thunder instead of Dr.Pepper or store brand chips instead of Lays this is an easy way to save.
- Don't Spend - Cutting back on spending is an easy way to save money. It is hard to resist when temptation urges us to make an impulse purchase, but one must learn to control these type of purchases in order to save money.
- Sales- Shop smart, wait until your favorite stores have sales before you make purchases.
- Use Compact Fluorescent bulbs - While they cost more money than standard bulbs, they are energy efficient lasting much longer. So in the run long you save money because they use less electricity and are longer lasting.
- No TV- Now of days having a television or cable/satellite provider is no longer necessary. You can watch most shows online for free. Shows like Lost, The Office, and Big Brother can be found on their network's websites. Networks like MTV, Vh1, CBS all have their programs online for viewers. Also sites like Youtube and Vimeo provide entertainment also free of charge.
- Hair Cuts- Save money by growing your hair out and decreasing the amount of haircuts you have. Or save money by cutting your hair yourself.
- Borrow- Borrow and share items with friends. This way you can enjoy new products with having the burden of purchasing them. Need a tent for a camping trip? Why purchase a new one that won't be used often, when you can borrow one from a friend.
- Water - Drinking tap water is an easy way to save money by cutting out money spent on beverages. Products like Coca Cola and Gatorade cost are on the rise, if you can bear without the flavor this is a great money saving. Also it is cheaper you use power mixes to make Koolaid and Gatorade rather than to purchase it pre made.
- Stop Smoking and Drinking - These habits really add up. The cost of a pack of Cigarettes is five dollars and up depending on brand and location. Alcohol is also very costly. Cutting out these habits will not only help your wallet but can help your health.
- Shop Online- Shopping on sites like Amazon and Ebay offer products cheaper than department stores. These sites also offer an extensive catalog of products that may not be found any where else.