- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
What Experience is required to make money online with articles?
Okay the fact that you are reading this hub means you are interested in making money online, the question in your mind is how to start and what skills do I need?
There are many ways to make money online, some like to call it Passive Income others call it online income and so on. At this point I wouldn’t get to caught up on terminologies of the Internet just concentrate on finding the best and easiest method to adopt and start your journey into online income.
One of the most enjoyable ways to make money online is with content there are sites on the web that will pay you for submitting videos, audios, pictures and written articles, this hub will briefly deal with making money writing articles for articles directories like Hubpages.
Must Read books if your serious about making money online...
Writing articles can be interesting and a fairly easy way to get yourself and your writing talent online in front potentially millions of people, best of all earn money with your writing. You don’t need specialist writing skills, what you will need is passion for the subject or subjects that you will be writing on. For example there is no point writing on topic like Brain Surgery when you don’t know the first thing about it, and therefore the content you produce may not be good enough to get traffic from the search engines worse is that your readers may not enjoy your hub and they probably will not return or recommend you content to others. That is not the position you want to be in, as content and its quality is what will make or break you online money making strategy.
While you are trying to make money with written content, the beauty of it is that you don’t really need previous writing career related experience and that you can learn the writing techniques as you do more hubs and produce more content. That being said, there are some skills that you will need to teach yourself or pick up along the way to make your sites successful. You can’t go in not knowing anything, not learning anything, and still expect to make a good passive income or any income at all.
What you need to start writing for online money making?
(1) You need to know and decide which article directory you are going to use for your written content I would advise using Hubpages, although there are many others. Sign-up to your chosen article directory and familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions, what you can and cannot do, the type of content that is allowed.
(2) Select 2 to 3 subject areas that you are comfortable with, example Politics, Science or Health. Make sure to write them down, I normally find it useful creating a Mind Map using Mindjet Mind Manager, similar to that shown below:
Word Processing Tools
(3) Using a word processing program like Microsoft Word plan out your articles, I would recommend you create a Word Template and break down the article into sections. Like that shown below:
Mind Mapping Tools
(4) You will need to know how to choose keywords that will help you get a good amount of traffic, without being too competitive to get on the first or second page. If you choose highly competitive keywords that are used by large, popular websites, you are likely to never get up to those much needed first two pages.
(5) You will also need to know and learn how to optimize your articles (SEO) for various search engines. Search engine optimization skills will allow you to get high rankings for your chosen niche keywords, which will help to get visitors and make you online money.
If you learn some of these skills and apply them to your online article writing during your first few months, you will start to see the results quite quickly and as you progress you will eventually become an expert. Since you can learn the techniques and skills on your own, the only thing that you will need to do before you begin your new career is to read up on how to get started and make sure that you have patience (remember patience is a virtue and no one becomes a millionaire overnight, unless they win the lottery – the reason you are reading this is probably because you like many of us have not won the lottery).
Good luck and enjoy the journey to online riches.
Creating a well-designed website is the first step in your internet marketing strategy. Once the website has been created and optimized, there are further techniques to employ that will drive traffic to your website for successful, long-term results...