Where to sell used textbooks
Selling used textbooks is a very common way to earn some cash. Sometimes we get attached to our books and say that we can use them to build our library of books especially those specific to our field of study. We quickly find however that textbooks can become quite outdated. It's probably best to go ahead and make the sale. When you do try to sell, you'll discover that the value of the book actually decreases tremendously as years pass from its copywite date. It is best to sell a book as soon as the semester ends or as soon as you realize you no longer need it for your studies.
- If you make the decision to sell a textbook as soon as the applicable semester for use of the book ends, you might want to go to your college or university bookstore and participate in the buyback program. If you originally purchased your book at your school's bookstore and want to sell it back within 5 months later, you might get a decent deal.
On the other hand, if you go back a couple of years later, as an alum for example, and you attempt to do this, don't be surprised if you are offered $7-$13 for a book that you originally paid $65 for. It is very important to be timely with this venture.
- Another method to sell your books is on craigslist, in the books for sale section. It is free to use craigslist, but there are also many other sites that are effective for selling textbooks.
- Even if you have to pay a small seller's fee, it might be worth your while to look toward sites such as half.com by ebay for selling textbooks.
- Amazon also allows you to sell your used books via the website.
- Attempting to privately sell your book by using a flier on a school bulletin board can be lucrative as well.
Placing an ad in the newspaper
In addition to websites and bulletin boards, newspaper print is also very effective for advertising your textbooks for sale. Again, you might have to pay a small fee for placing your ad in the local paper, but that visibility can be worth it when you make the sale and receive fair payment for the books' worth.
Whether you are in high school, college, graduate school or professional school, resources for learning how to quickly sell your textbooks can guide you toward getting some money when you need it most. Good luck with selling your used textbooks!