jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

need to make mortgage payment

1. profile image46
    wayne k calicottposted 8 years ago

need to make mortgage payment

2. MomintheMiddle profile image54
    MomintheMiddleposted 8 years ago

I understand your position, believe me - read my blogs! President Obama is considering making deferring mortgage payments a part of unemployment benefits - too bad he doesn't put in a rent break - the money's about the same! Kind of a "duh" to me, but that's one thing in the pipeline. Also note, banks really are not foreclosing at the rate they were...and if they are, sherrifs aren't executing the home siezures in some areas...so check and see what' s happening in your state. You might have help at the state or local level you don't even known about. Call your state, start with the revenue department and go from there.

3. shirleybill profile image57
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

If you are behind on a mortgage payment, then you may want to shop around. Some homes and land, can be bought for a cash price, and you would not owe the bank.
    Foreclosures are bad business. Many people have lost their homes due to foreclosure in the past, as well as in the present. The land next to me, just went into foreclosure, and is expected to be in court within the next month. Foreclosures are happening everywhere, and people should be prepared for the future.

4. profile image44
    houda947posted 8 years ago
  5. profile image61
    pascolawposted 8 years ago

The reason the banks are slowing down on foreclosures is that they do not want to many on the market at once. There are millions of homes on the shadow foreclosure market that are behind but no action is being taken. I am  a proponent of the bankruptcy cramdown that allows the court to reduce your mortgage balance to its current fair market value on a primary residence. This is the only way the system can obtain any type of leverage over the banks and lenders holding these mortgages. I am planning a future hub on the cramdown.

working