What stocks are on your radar right now, and why?

1. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

What stocks are on your radar right now, and why?

The markets have been a bit of a bear lately, and I was just curious who's watching what, and what are the positives you see that make you think these particular stocks might be positioned well to perform against the markets volatility?

2. marketedge360 profile image61
    marketedge360posted 7 years ago

A good question, however, as a swing trader, I use a scan to find the best stocks given the market situation - then I just buy them. I currently have 5 stocks that I know very little about - which sounds risky, however.... I firmly believe in the power of mechanical trading systems. Based on a tested timer, buy the stocks that are generated from a screen, and hold them until the exit criteria is met.

I used to find when I did a lot of research on specific stocks, I would become attached to them. Tougher to sell a stock that you have invested so much time into.

So, while the markets have been bearish, thats usually the best time to see if you can find some stocks that have a high relative value, that have been beaten up.  No question for example that AAPL falls under that category - a solid company that one could have picked up for $240 recently.

I picked up shares in COCO, TUES and MNI... although I really have no idea what Tuesday Morning actually does ;-)

Chris

3. jasonamartin profile image57
    jasonamartinposted 7 years ago

Right now I'm mainly focused on the wireless industry. Still doing extensive analysis for upcoming articles I'm writing (and fund investment), but the three companies I'm looking at are:

Verizon (VZ)
    AT&T (T)
    Qualcomm (QCOM)

All three offer dividends, which is a huge plus, and have strong growth potential. Qualcomm is a play on the increasing demand of Droid-based smartphones the next technological wave in networks.

Right now, I'm leaning toward a basket of all three stocks.

working