What public company stocks would be good buys ahead of the Groupon IPO? Which o

1. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

What public company stocks would be good buys ahead of the Groupon IPO?  Which ones will rally?

Want to know people's opinions regarding stocks that will go up in sympathy with the Groupon IPO later this year, since they are in related businesses.  Thanks.

2. Alternative Prime profile image77
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

IPO's are a tricky business at best, and trying to prognosticate ahead of the "Grand Public Opening" is not that difficult a task especially considering the only two scenarios...The price will either Ascend or Descend depending on many factors....Very rarely will the price stagnate, and if she does, it's usually not for an extended time period....The direction of short term price fluctuations are influenced by a number of different factors.... 

For instance, the "Syndicate" or "Underwriting Firm" is morally obligated to support the fledgling stock for a certain time period after it is released into the wild...After all, it was them who created this beast....Typically 30 days subsequent to "Opening Day" is standard procedure....During this time, the "Underwriters" can actually step in and purchase shares to "Inflate" the price if it begins to lag...This is one way to ensure they remain "Underwriters" and do not convert over to "UNDERTAKERS" shortly after the "Opening Bell" ....."Artificial Price Inflation"? Probably so....

It's always a good idea to educate yourself and understand exactly what you are buying and how this unique market works before trying your luck...

3. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

I'm wondering which public companies will rally as the Groupon IPO hype hits the market, so I can buy them this summer ahead of the Groupon IPO?  I was thinking Local.com (LOCM) that is from your area will be one of them, since they also offer local coupons.  LOCM looks like a good value even without the Groupon hype.  Can you think of any others?  Thanks!

working