jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you agree with the goverment possibly rising the age of retirement?

1. Pamela-anne profile image77
    Pamela-anneposted 6 years ago

Do you agree with the goverment possibly rising the age of retirement?

I  was hoping the goverment would have been extending the weekend to a three day weekend instead of extending the age of retirement.

2. tmbridgeland profile image82
    tmbridgelandposted 6 years ago

This question strikes me as a bit strange. What has the government to do with the length of the weekend or the age of retirement, other for its own workers?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

That also means that old aged pensions will not be paid at 65. As it goes, I doubt I'll be able to retire at 65 anyway.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Your question must be specific to Canada?  And to be honest, I don't agree with much of anything that our (USA) government does anymore.

5. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

yes i do because aging is a very big problem and there is no way the current generation can support the older generation and since they are healthier and life expectancy is higher now, it makes sense to raise it

6. flamboyantken profile image59
    flamboyantkenposted 6 years ago

What type of retirement are you referring to? I am sorry but it is just that the question did not gel up at all.

Age of retirement:
    Canada, America, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific, North America and Ukraine have different systems and policies being implemented, solely based on age of retirement.

As of my 2 cents worth, government in Asia has raised the age of retirement and it should be implemented by from the Senate, States of course. Being said much, it is yet to be confirmed due to Time Lag factors; Administrative lag (Approval from all Senate bills to be passed on) and Implementation lag (Affect the entire States requires significant resources & time).
    The rest of the procedures must be agreed upon by Discretionary policies (forced decision by government.

Thank-you and do define your question clearer.

7. profile image55
    wim99posted 6 years ago

Considering the professional work world at the senior level, older adults can, and often do work past the age of 65. For older Americans, retirement should be requested, not mandatory( people are not machines). Every individual senior has special skills that in some cases, work well after the age 65( computers).