jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What are some ideas for an inexpensive stay-at-home vacation for an empty-nest c

1. techygran profile image93
    techygranposted 6 years ago

What are some ideas for an inexpensive stay-at-home vacation for an empty-nest couple?

With the cost of travel having sky-rocketed, what are some tips for having a pleasant-- even exciting-- vacation at home?

2. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

No matter where you live, there are always great, out-of-the-way places to visit.  My wife and I do mini-staycations a lot.  We contact the local radio stations, hotels, and tourist boards to find things to do we didn't know about.  Even basic internet searches can turn up great ideas.  The point is to do something you normally wouldn't.  Have fun!

techygranposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marturion- excellent idea and one that we will certainly explore. I have never thought of contacting the local radio station! Thank you!

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

Plan a movie marathon of romantic movies.

thank you Tamarawilhite-- simple and elegant and romantic!

4. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Marturion and tamarawilhite, both, have great idea...so take it a step further and end your day by spending the night in a nice hotel instead of going back home.  It will give it a real vacation feel.  If you place it right you will be able to get good hotel deals.

Thank you Dee aka Nonna-- I would happily stay in a nice hotel near home, but my husband is a retired accountant and won't buy the "necessity" of such an expenditure... ah well!

working