jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your opinion of extreme couponers?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is your opinion of extreme couponers?

2. wymyczak66 profile image88
    wymyczak66posted 5 years ago

I think television gives extreme couponers a bad rep, and a lot of the time it's modified to make their deals even more "extreme" by changing store policies for the show's sake. I'm a couponer but I wouldn't consider myself "extreme", when I get things for free the most I'll get is 4-6. Stores have been catching onto extreme couponers who clear the shelves and are changing their policies to make it harder to get better deals, so the extreme couponers are kind of negatively affecting the regular couponers, as well as  themselves in a way.

3. Shawn May Scott profile image59
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I have been couponing for sometime now and have enjoyed the savings at the cash. But extreme couponing leaves an environmental and monetary footprint. For example if some performs a shelf clearing purchase and recieves money back for that purchase the store looses money and they will raise the price of another product to compensate. Just think about all the extra garbage in landfill from the travel size products instead of one larger size buy and less no'decompsable stuff in our ground. Read my article on Couponing- It's Environmental and Monetary Footprint. I have always couponed respondsibly so should we all.

4. daisyf1305 profile image76
    daisyf1305posted 5 years ago

I shop with coupons I mix sales with coupons. I have found it a great way to save money and live on a budget, especially as a stay at home mom. The show is an exaggeration rooms of stuff you know they don’t use all of it. Why be so greedy help by donating which I have seen some do.
    Truth is one out of 100’s are extreme couponers regular couponers buy what they need for a better deal. I too have noticed the policy changes. I do have a few hubs on couponing and how to basically start.
    I am simply always looking for ways to save, my family gets what they need and I get to stay home and enjoy them.

working