Solutions for shopping and shipping?

1. GmaGoldie profile image78
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Solutions for shopping and shipping?

Perhaps I shop too much on the Internet and need to get out more or perhaps I am just too frugal. Whatever the case, I cannot stomach high shipping charges. I am constantly looking for the free shipping promotional codes.

I noticed at Best Buy their "pick-up" is front and center in the store. This got me wondering. If I could purchase something and pick it up perhaps I could have reduced or free shopping.

I wonder if the virtual world will ever marry with the brick and mortar world to bring this to reality.

What are your thoughts?

2. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Wal*Mart has been doing free shipping on in-store pick up for years.

3. livelifeworryfree profile image80
    livelifeworryfreeposted 5 years ago

Like you I scour the internet for free shipping.  I believe the more we save the more we earn. Not sure of many brick and mortar stores offering such a service that mergers online merchants with them.  I would love it if Amazon offered such a service to pick up books.  I love books and the price of shipping is way too high even if I only pay a few dollars for a book.  I have a Kindle but am old fashion.  I love the way a book feels in my hand. I like to get cozy with a novel and haven't found a way to do with my Kindle yet.  Nice question.

working