jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How have you paid it forward in your lifetime thus far?

1. moneyfairy profile image74
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

How have you paid it forward in your lifetime thus far?

What have you done to pay it forward thus far in your life? Helping at a soup kitchen, mentoring another???Just curious how you have paid it forward. Look forward to hearing from you.

2. atechwiz profile image73
    atechwizposted 4 years ago

One day in the middle of summer as I was driving out in the country I came across an elderly man with a flat tire.  He was drenched in perspiration and as I recall he was still working on trying to get the lug nuts off on the flat.  I pulled over and asked him if I could change his flat tire for him.  He tried to pay me as I recall but I declined.  I was just happy to help.  I knew his family (I don't think he knew me) and I knew that they would be glad that someone had stopped to help him.  I was actually reluctant to share this story because I certainly did not do it for attention.  I decided to share it to be able to say that I sure wish we lived in an enviroment where people were not afraid to help one another.  Now, when travelling with my children I would be reluctant to stop to help a stranger.  If it were just me maybe, but if my kids were with me...  I just find it sad.

moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How awesome are you!!!! What a wonderful story!!! Never be ashamed of the good you do for others!!!! You have a wonderful giving spirit!!! I wish there were more like you in the world!! Keep on doing...never stop!!!

2. atechwiz profile image73
      atechwizposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am not ashamed of it.  I just don't want it to seem like I am bragging about it.  We should help each other not for fame or attention but because it is the right thing to do.

3. moneyfairy profile image74

Thank you for being real and caring about someone other than yourself> You are awesome!!!

3. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

When I was quite young I read something that expressed the thought that the BEST thing you can do in the world is to do something nice or helpful for someone without telling ANYONE about it.
    If someone  found out later that was OK-- but if you told anyone, your pure, good intention was cancelled out. 
    I, myself, cannot really totally recall paying anything forward--  except for ultility bills when I know I will be out of town for awhile. smile
    Pay it forward-- and forget it.

Thanks Rochelle for your answer.

working