When investing, do you prefer to use mutual funds, or purchase stock in individu

1. Jason Matthews profile image93
    Jason Matthewsposted 4 years ago

When investing, do you prefer to use mutual funds, or purchase stock in individual companies?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I prefer mutual funds. They are "generally" less risky. I look at it this way. A mutual fund has an entire board whose job it is to make sure the fund is successful...that way I don't have to worry about it after my initial research.

3. sanjeevgulati profile image61
    sanjeevgulatiposted 4 years ago

For a common man with a little knowledge of equity market, investment in mutual funds with SIP method is advisable. For best returns in SIP, you have to invest in reputed large cap and midcap mutual funds on weekly or monthly basis for a long time.
    When I say long time it means more than 25 years. $ 200 a month should turn $ 1 million in 25 years. You may not believe it but this is true. You have to invest all the bull runs and bear phases that you see during this long period. During the period of 25 years you will see at least, 4 bull runs and bear phases.
    On the other hand, if you have experience in stock market and you know the crux of stock market you, will be able to be billionaire in half the time. In case of direct investment in stocks you have to be very alert and change your positions from time to time. Even during a single day you have change your stance many times. You can see it below… http://btstorstbt.blogspot.com/