jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which Precious Metals Are The Best Or Easiest To Invest In?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

Which Precious Metals Are The Best Or Easiest To Invest In?

Do you have any personal experience in investing in precious metals? What was your experience or best advice when considering investing in precious metals? What is a list of the precious metals you can actually invest in?

2. skperdon profile image86
    skperdonposted 4 years ago

Gold, Silver. It's what I hear about most. Gold is the first in the, line-up, to valued on the stock exchange.

3. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 4 years ago

Gold is certainly the metal of choice for the serious investor but for many silver has become an affordable option. Whether you choose bullion or coins silver can be a very good investment. As an example of their potential silver coins can bring a scrap value of up to 15 times their face value.

4. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

If your investing as a personal investor, I would not suggest buying precious metals outright.  Unless we face an apocalyptic disaster, buying the metals directly are problematic.  You have to either store them or pay for storage cost.  It is not a particularly liquid market to invest in either.  You'll buy from a dealer retail and when you want to sell they'll give you wholesale prices.  I would suggest whatever precious metals you wish to invest in, you do it directly through an ETF that tracks the underlying metal.  You can buy the GLD that tracks the price of gold or the SLV that tracks the price of silver.  There are also ETF's that track a basket of precious metals.  You'll get access to the price action of whatever metal you want to own directly at a very minimal cost.   

In general, precious metals are hedge against loose monetary policy.  So they have done quite over the last decade.  However, that trand may be changing.  I personally prefer a more broad basket of commodities.

5. Steve Burgess profile image61
    Steve Burgessposted 4 years ago

Investing in precious metals is one of the smartest decision you are going to take. People feel secure to invest in yellow metal,i.e., gold. Gold price depends upon the performance of the Dollar and the Euro.  Of late investors are also taking interest in silver.

working