jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Have you had any experience with Bitcoin?

1. Chuck profile image91
    Chuckposted 4 years ago

Have you had any experience with Bitcoin?

I have seen and read a number of articles about Bitcoin recently and have considered spending a few dollars to buy a little to experiment with but would like some feedback and info from others first.

2. ilikegames profile image77
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

What do you mean by experiment? Are we talking using it to purchase something? Or as an investment?

If you want to purchase something with it, you'll find the fees on your small few dollars isn't worth the time and if the price fluctuates when you go to buy you could find yourself paying a lot more for the item.

As an investment it's a pure gamble with prices constantly changing dramatically from one day to the next and with no legislation on it the whole thing could go belly up depending on new laws. A single Bitcoin is currently ~$700, the time to get onto that bandwagon has long past and I liquidated mine at the $1000 peak a few months back.

1. Chuck profile image91
      Chuckposted 4 years agoin reply to this

At this point my interest in it is as a highly speculative small investment using money I can afford to lose, as the price fluctuations appear to make Bitcoin impractical for purchases.

2. ilikegames profile image77
      ilikegamesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like it's worth getting into for you then, it's very speculative and you're going into it with that understanding.

working