jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Will you be vacationing?

1. Cynthia Hoover profile image96
    Cynthia Hooverposted 2 years ago

Will you be vacationing?

Do you plan on taking a vacation this year? Where will you go and why? Is it a family vacation or are you going alone?

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Yes, I plan to vacation that includes some hiking and photographing the scenery. My favorite places to visit are the parks in the Daniel Boone Forest in southern Kentucky. There are natural bridges such as Natural Arch, and Creelsboro Arch, waterfalls like Yahoo falls, and the great Cumberland falls and hiking trails that can be found on the Shetowee Trails map.
    Most of these are found on s hwy 27.
    I also plan to visit Pickett State Park which is one of my all time favorites. It's in Tennessee near the Kentucky state line; I wrote about this if you want more info.

Cynthia Hooverposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That sounds absolutely wonderful! I will check out your hub! Kentucky is only about two hours away from me!

3. Rachel L Alba profile image93
    Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago

I would love to say yes, but we never actually go on long vacations, just over nighters.  The only time we go for 2 nights and 3 days is when we go to Lancaster, PA, the Amish country with my sisters and their husbands.  We take out children on day trips, usually to a park or someplace interesting. My husband was thinking about Claws and Paws this year.  It's an outside zoo.

Cynthia Hooverposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would love to say yes too! I am in my 30's and have never had a vacation - other than staying at home! I always wanted to visit Amish country. My Grandmother lived very close to a small Amish town in Ohio - though we never went. sad

4. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 2 years ago

Yes indeed; I consider my career as a vacation; thus, I am on vacation in that sense for about 1/2 year. Now the rest of my year is a combination of vacation and the infamous "Honey -Do" listings... While at my career I have within the last couple of years toured Paris, France, London and Oxford, England inclusive of Bletchly.., During our summers we embark on driving vacations to various destinations throughout North America...