What is your retirement plan?

1. patchofearth profile image90
    patchofearthposted 11 months ago

What is your retirement plan?

Aside from the obvious 401k, IRA, etc., how do you plan to support yourself in retirement? The more interesting the better.

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

My current retirement plan is called Work Until I Die. I hear it's pretty common these days, although not very popular.

I had a 401K when I worked in corporate America, and it was doing pretty well before the crash. I managed to pull my money out, and dump it all into an IRA, before any of the principle I paid in was lost, but I did lose every penny it had earned.

What remained of that money went to paying for cancer surgery with no insurance. It's a good thing I had that money to draw on, or I would have lost my house.

So now, I have very little put by to retire on. I'm going to be working until I can't, and then, I'm not sure what will happen. It's not something I can worry about now, because I'm in my 50s, and it's sort of too late to rebuild what's been lost.

1. patchofearth profile image90
      patchofearthposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, I definitely know a lot of people who have this as their plan. It's good you were able to hold on to your house. Best wishes.

working