jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Suite101

1. snakebaby profile image68
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

Discovered suite101.com today. My immediate thoughts: Since the site has higher PR than hubpages, when everything stays the same, whose article gets ranked better? I know similar hubs here compete already with each other, normally just one hub gets ranked well under a particular keyword.

And anything good about suite101? Just curious

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I was accepted to write there, but haven't written anything yet. I've heard both good and bad when it comes to earnings. You have to do your own keyword research, and with the number of writers and articles, it's often difficult finding a keyword that hasn't already been done to death. I guess that's not terribly different from anywhere else though. smile

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would you please share your future experiences with us later? Thanks (regardless smile )

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

The thing is you don't get paid through AdSense at Suite 101, it's more based on page views. I maybe earn $10 every 2 months there but I only have 23 articles up so far.

Thanks! That is an insight information, makes me feel like staying here on hubpages only (believe earning potential is bigger here). Does the site also require the content to be unique? I guess?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it has to be unique and the article has to stay on their site for a year before you publish it elsewhere.

4. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 6 years ago

I know someone who worked as a journalist, yet was not accepted by Suite 101, as it considered their writing not to be of sufficient quality.  Yet, of the few articles I have read on that site, they are often badly written, using poor grammar and sometimes containing obvious spelling mistakes.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those writers probably paid a decent buck to have someone like that professional journalist write up their resume and writing sample. I see it all the time on a site where I am a Content Editor. Applicants send in pristine writing samples and resumes, but you get their first article and it's along the lines of, "Me like cookie dough." smile

2. snakebaby profile image68

That is not a surprise

working